• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FGR (Vegans) Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our league form since we lost at Bradford has been superb. Beat Crawley, Salford and FGR away by a goal to nil, drew at Colchester. Drew at home to Walsall and beaten Northampton and Newport. Have I missed any out? What an absolutely fantastic run and they are certainly making amends for the shocking FA cup exit.
Indeed, I think we are now top of the form table and have the second longest unbeaten run in League 2.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Att 3012 inc 703 grinning Grecians.

Ash

Well done Jonny, since the Hartlepool game he's done well and perhaps today proves it was the right call to keep him in. If he keeps playing like this maybe he can keep Ward bench warming for now.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
An excellent return of points over a busy festive period. Only 21 league games to go and we're sitting very pretty indeed.

Oh and one more win should see us safe from relegation!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was like the Alamo at times during the 2nd half.Blocks,fantastic save from Maxted(plus the penalty save) & a couple of sitters missed.

That was a great 2nd half to hold on.Really exciting stuff to hang on.
Really ground a great result out.

Seperate incidents - Nigel was sent off for what the referee harshly thought was a dangerous, high one-footed tackle right at the start of the second half. The penalty was about 15 minutes later and was harshly awarded when a Forest Green player ran into a City defender and made the most of the contact by falling over.
Mr Swabey-another Devon-based referee-surely there are other reffing options for The EFL!! Apparently he likes to use his cards according to the stats ovcer the past 12 months or so!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unpopular opinion maybe, but I actually didn't think we managed the game that we'll second half... Thought FGR were sloppy and we were lucky. Still... Delighted. Results like that that make me think we'll do it.

scottus86

What an excellent game, we looked comfortable throughout the first half and didn't seem to be in full gear yet. Atangana's goal was a really composed finish, something we have been lacking this season. Forest green looked short of ideas in the first half and struggled to make anything clear cut. Maxted parried and punched a few crosses and shots which he should have held on to.

In the second half our defensive display was excellent. Atangana's sending off was probably justified with a studs up challenge 2 meters in front of the ref. Great displays all across the defence, Sweeney, Martin, Parkes and especially Richardson all done well. Richardson often had the winger and full back trying to pull him out of position and he handled it brilliantly. Maxted made some great saves in the second half but still chose to parry and punch, but he got a clean sheet so who am I to judge. Bowman was also excellent in the second half, relieving pressure off the defence, tackling back, holding the ball up and forcing their defenders to pass under pressure.

Taylor has really instilled a hardness about us, we are mentally strong and can handle the pressure. We rarely look uncomfortable holding on to a 1-0 lead. We haven't had that for years and I think Taylor has done a good job in mixing skill with strength, speed and determination.

We are looking good this season and we have a lot of depth and quality in the squad too.