• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite away ground

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
By train it’s not a bad walk from the Station along through the park that leads up to the away end.
There were cows in the field this year!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure if these count as I've been a home fan at both but my favourite stadium was Real Sociedad's Atotxa, which i was fortunate enough to visit several times when I was living in San Sebastian for a while in the late 80s. La Real were a major force in La Liga back then and the noise in that quirky old stadium was unbelievable.

Also shout out for the Mestalla - another fantastic cauldron of noise that I've been to several times - long may the new Mestalla remain unfinished!

Red red

I always liked Elm Park Reading. A great pub beforehand ( jolly brewer )

Red Devon

There were cows in the field this year!
Hope you didn’t step in any!

Red Devon

Yep..Travelled by train a few times,typical of me I have never gone that way 😁 Always ended up walking the long way back(about 3 miles iirc)
That‘ll be way number 15 then 🤣

Red Devon

I always liked Elm Park Reading. A great pub beforehand ( jolly brewer )
Only ever got to there the once..would be good to get Reading back on the calendar soon!

Red Devon

Sadly many of my favourites are no longer with us - Underhill, Gay Meadow, Vetch Field and even grounds like Christie Park and the Old Lawn which I enjoyed visiting in our Conference days.
I know it's a while since we played there but I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Plainmoor. Clearly it's not one of the country's great stadia or intimidating home crowds but, unlike Yeovil, the away end is pretty decent and allows the City fans to generate a decent bit of noise.
Remember going in the away section of that old wooden stand at Plainmoor a couple of times that truly was a dilapidated pile of junk.

Rosencrantz

Remember going in the away section of that old wooden stand at Plainmoor a couple of times that truly was a dilapidated pile of junk.
Only time I went in there was the night we won down there with Sean McCarthy scoring twice. About the only decent thing he did for us. I never went in there again as it just felt unsafe.

Red Devon

Only time I went in there was the night we won down there with Sean McCarthy scoring twice. About the only decent thing he did for us. I never went in there again as it just felt unsafe.
I was in there for the 4:0 win in April 1989 and the 1:0 defeat in January 2003 when Don Goodman played...there was a lot of controversy around their goal that night as there appeared to be an offside decision and a foul in the build up to it.

Red Devon

Adams Park could be quite good if it wasn't situated well away down an industrial estate. And wasn't Wycombe Wanderers.
Plus you get the treat of seeing Red Kite’s soaring in the sky above Adams Park...a rare site in the British Isles these days as those birds were in serious danger of becoming extinct less than twenty years ago.