• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum. Thursday 15th February "Any other business"

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, I understand that, but in the end we're just a football club - what better decision making did you envisage with a broader range of ideals? Different biscuits at Trust meetings, maybe Ceylon tea as well as Assam? Of course that trivialising matters somewhat, but I'm being serious, what 'better decisions' - we stand, we sit, we have a drink/snack/whatever, we watch the game, we go home. Whether we're black, white, male or female, what decisions need making?
Life is a lot more complicated today Mox...you can't have a **** without asking whether the paper was from a sustainable source. Every committee must have a complete range of representation to arrive at the most simple of decisions. It's a recipe, and perhaps even a desire for, obfuscation.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Can someone ask if the Trust and the history group are celebrating black history month please? Must be loads of material they have.

dontpassback

Life is a lot more complicated today Mox...you can't have a **** without asking whether the paper was from a sustainable source. Every committee must have a complete range of representation to arrive at the most simple of decisions. It's a recipe, and perhaps even a desire for, obfuscation.
All this diversity,pc driven agenda et etc,are we really any better off than before,there seems to be a plethora of people who are easily offended these days and whilst we have come a long way with kick out racism etc,I am not really bothered wether the person stood next to me is gay,transgender,or comes from planet zogg!

malcolms

All this diversity,pc driven agenda et etc,are we really any better off than before,there seems to be a plethora of people who are easily offended these days and whilst we have come a long way with kick out racism etc,I am not really bothered wether the person stood next to me is gay,transgender,or comes from planet zogg!
But you aren't allowed not be "bothered".... The attitude you have is perfectly acceptable in every way, but positive discrimination is now the order of the day, discriminating in favour of a minority instead of a majority is still discrimination, but in our rush back to the age of Victoria, debate on such subjects are not tolerated...

Antony Moxey

Can someone ask if the Trust and the history group are celebrating black history month please? Must be loads of material they have.
Any reason why it should?

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong

Can someone also ask if they are going to celebrate white history month ....... or doesn't that exist as yet ?

Matt Russell

The good news for Hants_red and ramone and the wider ECFC family is that the Club's past is being documented and preserved whenever the opportunity presents itself. Not just for a particular month, but month on month on month!

Last edited:

Fareham Grecian

Can someone also ask if they are going to celebrate white history month ....... or doesn't that exist as yet ?
Every month, every day, every minute gives recognition to white history. It is the default position in a world run by white men. The point of Black History Month, like International Women’s Day and a myriad of other events, is to recognise the overlooked.

People who ask questions like yours are generally a) not very bright and b) in danger of being thought racist.

Antony Moxey

Every month, every day, every minute gives recognition to white history.
No it doesn’t. It might have in the past, but today everyone is (quite rightly) recognised. The world isn’t run by white men either - China and Japan are fairly major world players, the US had a black president, much of Africa, Asia and South America have non-white leaders and our current leader and monarch are both women.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
The good news for Hants_red and ramone and the wider ECFC family is that the Club's past is being documented and preserved whenever the opportunity presents itself. Not just for a particular month, but month on month on month!
Quite right Matt , just as it should be.

Although if anyone asks me about the Geller / Jackson time I do tend to amnesia for short periods lol