• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup Third Round Draw

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was being flippant there Mike , I know Bowman and Co are busy tuning up their banjos to try to hiit the ‘Pool barn door at this very moment but on past history they probably won’t .
However , people are
talking up Oxford as if they are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
If only we had that decent striker we’d walk right over both teams.If , a little word with a big meaning is ‘if’.......
I'm getting a bit confused about City, Banksy. Sometimes they seem lethargic; sometimes it seems like no player wants to grab the game by the throat.
And why do we often bypass the midfield when we should be (relatively) strong there?
Very disappointing that straight after the half-time talk it was Hartlepool that started to press while we just hung around. Was that complacency or what!
In the days of Neville and Rowbotham we had a set way of playing that worked. I don't see much now other than get the ball to Williams.
Having no real goalscorer is real problem : we huff and puff but can't blow the ball in the net.

StroudGrecian

Meh. Bleddy posh university cities. (n)
Pretty sure Exeter ranks up there Al :geek:

IndoMike

Pretty sure Exeter ranks up there Al :geek:
In the top 10 ranked unis in the UK..IINM.

Legohead

Banned
I went to Lincoln. Which explains why I'm still a bit of a thicko.

Banksy

I'm getting a bit confused about City, Banksy. Sometimes they seem lethargic; sometimes it seems like no player wants to grab the game by the throat.
And why do we often bypass the midfield when we should be (relatively) strong there?
Very disappointing that straight after the half-time talk it was Hartlepool that started to press while we just hung around. Was that complacency or what!
In the days of Neville and Rowbotham we had a set way of playing that worked. I don't see much now other than get the ball to Williams.
Having no real goalscorer is real problem : we huff and puff but can't blow the ball in the net.
Ah Neville and Rowbotham , now you’ve really got me drooling. Kellow , Binney or Banks would do as well.Or even Ted Calland!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Apparently we last reached the fourth round in 1981 https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-face-oxford-united-3601348 , a long time ago, and still a long time away, as we haven't got past the second round yet alone the third. Would be nice though not to mention the prize money on getting there (round 2 £54k and round 3 £135k)

Ashford Grecian

Happy enough with the draw, now all we need to do is progress....

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Happy enough with the draw, now all we need to do is progress....
I wasn't happy at the time of the draw. Was hoping for something glamorous, though we are still to beat Hartlepool. No longer a great day out (with Kassam closing the Priory pub) but at least it's an easy drive to Oxford.

Ashford Grecian

I wasn't happy at the time of the draw. Was hoping for something glamorous, though we are still to beat Hartlepool. No longer a great day out (with Kassam closing the Priory pub) but at least it's an easy drive to Oxford.
Yes I don't mind the trips to Oxford and like you say that was a cracking pub that sadly closed down
:(

iscalad

Apparently we last reached the fourth round in 1981 https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/exeter-city-face-oxford-united-3601348 , a long time ago, and still a long time away, as we haven't got past the second round yet alone the third. Would be nice though not to mention the prize money on getting there (round 2 £54k and round 3 £135k)
Seems like yesterday 🤩