• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup Third Round Draw

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
TV replays : Spurs v Middlesbrough & Man U v Wolves

No surprise there unfortunately.

I thought Tranmere v Watford would have had a chance of being televised.
Nah, they go for the ersatz Premier League..
Gotta keep the viewers in China and India (and UK) happy

Fareham Grecian

Nah, they go for the ersatz Premier League..
Gotta keep the viewers in China and India (and UK) happy
Very little to do with UK viewers - as shown by Man U being sponsored by Chevrolet who don’t even sell cars in the UK

Grecian2K

I thought that it was in the FA rules that Man Ure MUST be shown whenever they have a cup game?

IndoMike

Very little to do with UK viewers - as shown by Man U being sponsored by Chevrolet who don’t even sell cars in the UK
I suggest that MU and Liverpool are still the two most popular teams in the UK. Viewing numbers are still important. I also think in the spirit of the FA Cup
Tranmere v Watford would be the best choice, but i believe the reality is that nobody gives a fark about Tranmere v Watford apart from their own fans and the viewing numbers would
be much lower than if Spurs or MU were being broadcast. I don't like it any more than you, but I think it's just the way it is.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I suggest that MU and Liverpool are still the two most popular teams in the UK. Viewing numbers are still important. I also think in the spirit of the FA Cup
Tranmere v Watford would be the best choice, but i believe the reality is that nobody gives a fark about Tranmere v Watford apart from their own fans and the viewing numbers would
be much lower than if Spurs or MU were being broadcast. I don't like it any more than you, but I think it's just the way it is.
Unfortunately true. In fact Tranmere are probably lower profile than us.

Also Manure are convenient for BBC offices in Salford.

denzel

So if it gone the other way against Pools and we had managed to get past Oxford I wonder if Taylor would have given this reaction if we had drawn with Newcastle
Poor lambs, good job we managed to beat them in the leasing otherwise they may have had another game to fit in.

Legohead

Banned
The reason that Newcastle drew is because they played Joelinton up front again. A wayward hippo up front would get more goals. Absolute embarrassment of a footballer. If I was Steve Bruce i'd be dropping him and telling fans what they want to hear. Honesty and the truth. That after a multitude of games and opportunities, Joelinton has failed to score therefore he can no longer be a part of the football club as he has failed the club, his employers and their fans. He's had plenty of chances and took none. Get rid of useless lumps like him out of the game.

Red Devon

West Brom away in 5th Round probably would have came up against Dara and Kyle Edwards