• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup record under Tis

Thames Valley Red

I think you'll find we lost 2 1 to Stockport in 2006.....
Brackley Town my local club showed the way today...they had a right go at a team away that are streets ahead of them in the placings!

I shall be at the replay all being well!

UTC

TVR

orangeshark

Funny that Tis originally made his name - such that it is - in the FA Cup, by taking Team Bath to the first round proper.
I suppose you might argue that the first round was as big a stumbling block back then as it appears to have been for the past few years! Decent effort today though, at least

Red Nose

And your point is?????
My point is that under Tis the 'luck of the draw' has been against us. With the exception of Curzon Ashton, none of our FA Cup exits have been a surprise.

I was hoping for Biggleswade Town at home. Anyone who is upset at losing to Peterborough away is an idiot. Football fans tend not to be the brightest, and a reality check is often required.

PS. 7 of our 8 defeats under Tis have been away (not the 8/8 as I mentioned in the OP). We lost at home to Stockport when we were Confrence and they were in the league.

Last edited:

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shame we use up our annual quota of home Cup ties in the League Cup really...

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
My point is that under Tis the 'luck of the draw' has been against us. With the exception of Curzon Ashton, none of our FA Cup exits have been a surprise.

I was hoping for Biggleswade Town at home. Anyone who is upset at losing to Peterborough away is an idiot. Football fans tend not to be the brightest, and a reality check is often required.

PS. 7 of our 8 defeats under Tis have been away (not the 8/8 as I mentioned in the OP). We lost at home to Stockport when we were Confrence and they were in the league.
Yeah, but over the past two or three seasons we have usually played better away than at home.

PeteUSA

Yeah, but over the past two or three seasons we have usually played better away than at home.
Thats probably because the atmosphere at SJP these days is soul-less and non existant; and there's bugger all that can be done about it. The only crowd noise that the players can detect these days is from the rif-raf on the big bank! (with all due respect to the rif-raf!) Better fit they'd built a new stand on the OG sight instead of replacing the Cowshed with the Flybe, where all the snobs (like Moxey) sit!

FAN-TATIC

Thats probably because the atmosphere at SJP these days is soul-less and non existant; and there's bugger all that can be done about it. The only crowd noise that the players can detect these days is from the rif-raf on the big bank! (with all due respect to the rif-raf!) Better fit they'd built a new stand on the OG sight instead of replacing the Cowshed with the Flybe, where all the snobs (like Moxey) sit!
Good morning Pete, or in your case is it good evening?

When I started to return to SJP on a regular basis I did so with a mate who was a ST holder in the Flybe. After just 3 or 4 games I'd had enough of what to me was a boring, dispassionate experience. If I showed any passion at all it was greeted with strange unapproving looks.

The BB was tempting but the old legs, I decided couldn't take a couple of hours standing like they used to in my earlier years, so I opted for a ST in the OG. Much better environment to watch the game and considerably less expensive than the Flybe. I have made quite a number of 'football friends' and I really look forward to taking my seat on match days.

I don't know if the Flybe supporters are "snobs" but they do appear to lack passion IMO.

Grecian_Jay

Can I also add that Peterborough's first scorer, Britt Assambalonga, cost them £1.5m in the summer.
Can I just add that price of opposing players didn't affect Inglethorpe when he was busy saving our club. Different class of manager altogether.

grecIAN Harris

So how was Inglethorpe busy saving our club Jay? He got lucky with a draw that had more to do with Tony Cascarino than it did him.

bigtrees

So how was Inglethorpe busy saving our club Jay? He got lucky with a draw that had more to do with Tony Cascarino than it did him.
If he hadn't navigated the team past a 4th qualifying tie against Braintree and then two ties against HIGHER league opposition in Grimsby and Doncaster, we wouldin't have got to the draw for the third round where Cascarino took over. That's how Inglethorpe saved our club, getting us to the big pay day round. Doubt very much weather Tis would have got past Grimsby with his shocking cup record at City.

Thank god that Tisdale wasn't in charge then, our club would be called F.C.Exeter now and playing in the Southern League.