• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes,a public park pitch.Complete with pubic toilets & a small grandstand.I was at that one as well...3,500 there for the 2nd round game..I was in Minehead recently & went past the pitch/ground,incredible to think now,that many were in the ground...Minehead were a good team.They had finished runners up to Wimbledon in the Southern League the previous season 76/77..The Westward TV cameras were there as well...A small convoy of cars & coaches made their way up the Exe Valley through Tiverton & Bampton,before the coaches nearly got stuck in that narrow part of Dulverton...A great day,rounded off by hearing the 3rd round draw in the coach on the way home.
I didn't know we'd played Minehead in competitive fixture. That ground is completely open, it has one stand and the rest of it you can just wander in.

Grecian Max

http://www.didcottownfc.co.uk/photos/sat-6-sept-2014-mangotsfield-utd-h-sld1sw-512634.html

Granted this was about seven weeks ago however............. (facepalm)
Crikey, there's no 'stadium' there! It's all fencing, looking forward to this one

Oldsmobile-88

I didn't know we'd played Minehead in competitive fixture. That ground is completely open, it has one stand and the rest of it you can just wander in.
They build a temporary stand in scaffolding opposite the small (held about 50) grandstand..There is no way a fixture like that would be allowed nowadays with the size of crowd that packed in that day...They would have hosted Wolves if they had beaten us..

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully it will be on TV.

Are they below Warrington in the football pyramid? Does didcot FC have floodlights?

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does didcot FC have floodlights?
It's a requirement to enter the competition.

babs1

Crikey, there's no 'stadium' there! It's all fencing, looking forward to this one
Hi, Diddy fan here....we have a pretty decent stadium for Step 8 and we do have a main stand (see photos from this weekend's win in the Cup here)

We also have a decent pitch too so I don't think you'll have too many complaints either about that or our facilities.

The other thing obviously is Didcot is on the main West Coast train line and the ground is literally 5 mins walk from Didcot Parkway (you can see it adjacent to the station to the north)....

I think for both clubs it's a terrific draw...just keeping everything crossed it's on TV...

Last edited:

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hi, Diddy fan here....we have a pretty decent stadium for Step 8 and we do have a main stand (see photos from this weekend's win in the Cup here)

We also have a decent pitch too so I don't think you'll have too many complaints either about the that or our facilities.

The other thing obviously is Didcot is on the main West Coast train line and the ground is literally 5 mins walk from Didcot Parkway (you can see it adjacent to the station to the north)....

I think for both clubs it's a terrific draw...just keeping everything crossed it's on TV...
Cheers....

Decent pitch, eh. Tisdale will be pleased.

Do we know when the tv decision will be made?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

We also have a decent pitch too so I don't think you'll have too many complaints either about the that or our facilities.

Theoretically under FA Cup rules ECFC are entitled to at least 15% of the tickets (which I assume means 450?), provided separation is OK. Is that realistic? And if it's on TV will that reduce the capacity to make room for camera scaffolds etc.?

babs1

Cheers....

Decent pitch, eh. Tisdale will be pleased.

Do we know when the tv decision will be made?
We are expecting to hear today....the tie has got a lot of coverage on the BBC but slightly worried their current love-in with Salford and ex man U players involved with them that we might miss out!!

babs1

Theoretically under FA Cup rules ECFC are entitled to at least 15% of the tickets (which I assume means 450?), provided separation is OK. Is that realistic? And if it's on TV will that reduce the capacity to make room for camera scaffolds etc.?
Ground can technically hold 3000+ but that is mainly standing around perimeter. I'm guessing that temporary stands will be put-up and the actual capacity will be about 2500...I recommend the train btw, parking is more than adequate for crowds of 300...but 10x that I can barely imagine as we are on housing estate.