• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 1st Round

Majago

Oh well, at least it's only about half an hour on the train from Kemble
Happy with this draw. Direct line from Stroud so easy to get to. Should navigate it comfortably, my mate plays for Yate who are in the same league and doesn't fancy Didcot's chances.

On the up

Well of course we are away again and they will probably have a terrible pitch that is so much smaller than ours. tisdale wont know anything about them. the ref will probably be awful, the crowd will be right on top of us, the tv will be wanting an upset, they might even put everyone behind the ball and try to kick us so its very worrying.............

No Excuses this time city :mad:
Obviously much better if we'd been drawn any home. However, what a great opportunity to get into the second round.

Terryhall

If Didcot Town win their tie it would be their first time making the First Round proper...'Diddy' away from home & on TV please.
So... any thoughts on the lottery numbers this week?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I bet their pitch is cut up worse than a premier league fan visiting Turkey.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
http://www.didcottownfc.co.uk/photos/sat-6-sept-2014-mangotsfield-utd-h-sld1sw-512634.html

Granted this was about seven weeks ago however............. (facepalm)

contrabombarde

I bet their pitch is cut up worse than a premier league fan visiting Turkey.
That's not true the Turks love us! :eek:

Back to thread.....I can't help but feel nervous about this. I think to lose this one would deny us any future credibility and the ignominy and embarrassment would be too much to bear. It all started with Alvechurch for me. Tippy tappy and back passing will not be the answer for this one. I can almost feel the p**s taking starting all ready from family and friends. HELP!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Well richard, you've had some pretty stupid avatars representing you but I see you have taken stupidity to brand new levels. Well done to you sir.
You are just jealous Geoff , I can talk you through how to put an avatar up if you like ;)

Anyway no pleasing some people. Hopefully we will win comfortably but if not I thought I would save myself the time this season. If it makes you happier I can always stick Tisdale out back up.

Anyway back on topic I wonder how soon the list of TV games will be out?

Fareham Grecian

Anyway back on topic I wonder how soon the list of TV games will be out?
Bearing in mind it's only 10 days away it'll be pretty quick. I seem to recall they were all tied up on Weds/Thurs last year.

andrew p long

Bearing in mind it's only 10 days away it SHOULD BE pretty quick. I seem to recall they were all tied up on Weds/Thurs last year.
corrected for factuals. By the time the TV companies decide on which games are being televised that will leave a whole week to get things sorted. Allocations decided,tickets printed,away tickets sent to ECFC, announcements about when they're going on sale. Its ridiculous and unfair to sides like Didcot - on the time they get furthest ever in the FA Cup - that they've so little time (on doubtless a threadbare admin) to sort this all out.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
corrected for factuals. By the time the TV companies decide on which games are being televised that will leave a whole week to get things sorted. Allocations decided,tickets printed,away tickets sent to ECFC, announcements about when they're going on sale. Its ridiculous and unfair to sides like Didcot - on the time they get furthest ever in the FA Cup - that they've so little time (on doubtless a threadbare admin) to sort this all out.
I just find it strange in this way that the 1st round date has been brought forward a week from what I'd say is the "traditional" week. If the ties were the weekend of the 14th then it would save a lot of hassle.

Really the ties being moved for TV (and the BBC moving 8 matches to Sunday for Final Score special) should be announced today.