• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F.A.O. David Noble

Mogga

For me you completely right about him not creating or looking like scoring a goal for us, but at the same time he is being played in a similar position to Claude Makelele when he was at Chelsea, different types of players obviously, but covering the same area of the pitch. In that position he isn't ever going to be in the areas of the pitch where he is going to score or even create an assist unless he completes a 'Hollywood' 35/40 yard ball. In fact I would imagine Tis would go bananas at him if he popped up and made a run beyond the strikers and left a whacking great big hole right in the middle of our midfield, leaving the opposition strikers the freedom to drop into the 'hole' between our midfield and defence!
Great summary. Funny how our best player this season can attract so much criticism, which if taken on the last two games alone would be justified. He is one eleventh of the team and is fulfilling his eleventh better than any of the other ten around him are fulfilling theirs. He can only influence the game so much from his position in front of the back four - the fact that the onus is on a player so far back to link the midfield to the attack is Tis's (bizarre) decision. The 'creative efforts' of the likes of Tully, B. Jones, Troy and in particular Dunne (who was embarassingly woeful going forward on Saturday [due to being played out of position]) was so horrible to watch.

He often passes sideways because, as people have said, there is nothing going on around him (if only there were some decent wide players to give him more space!)

I think he's the best captain material we've had at the club for ages, and have seen him encouraging the players around him plenty of times. When did Matt Taylor ever open his gob?

Last edited:

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Give Dunne the armband !
Best thing i have seen you post for a long time monkey boy. Absolutely agree. For me, Dunney has all the attributes to make a damn good skipper and the sooner he is given the armband and is back in the middle of the park can't come soon enough for me. I think Tiz may find it difficult to take it away from the current occupant though.

ICE

Why not leave him out for a couple of games and see how we do. Can't be any worse, or can it ?

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
Great summary. Funny how our best player this season can attract so much criticism, which if taken on the last two games alone would be justified. 1. He is one eleventh of the team and is fulfilling his eleventh better than any of the other ten around him are fulfilling theirs. He can only influence the game so much from his position in front of the back four - the fact that the onus is on a player so far back to link the midfield to the attack is Tis's (bizarre) decision. The 'creative efforts' of the likes of Tully, B. Jones, Troy and in particular Dunne (who was embarassingly woeful going forward on Saturday [due to being played out of position]) was so horrible to watch.

2. He often passes sideways because, as people have said, there is nothing going on around him (if only there were some decent wide players to give him more space!)

3. I think he's the best captain material we've had at the club for ages, and have seen him encouraging the players around him plenty of times. When did Matt Taylor ever open his gob?
1. Now that, is an insult to James Dunne who works his socks off every single game without fail! Dunne is the only one earning his crust right now!

2. Noble hardly ever looks up! He is always looking for another bloody midfielder! And half the time the passes are mis placed to the oppo!

3. That is the biggest load of sh*t that I have read for some time! Matt Taylor may not have been the most vocal captain of all time but f*ck me, did he lead by example! Always giving 100% for the team! Even Danny Seabourne made a better job of being skipper than Noble is doing right now!

Where is the passion? Where is the determination? The we must win at all costs attitude? No where to be seen that's where!

Some say he plays better on the road (mainly at the bigger grounds).....Questions need answering there then about his attitude! Does he think that he is above his station? Is Exeter City FC below him?

If so, do us all a favour Noble and f*ck off! Because we don't want no bit part players with a chip on their shoulder :mad:

ICE

I agree with the James dunne argument. He should be captain.

UTC Big Bank

James Dunne for captain is the best shout I've heard, he's our best player and it might convince him to stay further than this season! Noble is an arrogant T**T who has no respect for our football club, he is in effect a Mario Balotelli, he has good moments and clearly good ability but overall he doesn't give a s**t about who he's playing for or the fans of the club, he thinks he is better than he is (which is why he laughs when he f**ks up) and he can't be bothered to work hard for the team! He is also playing in the dead centre of the pitch with our best CB which overall= no decent attacks! for me a full fit midfield for us would include Dunne-Keohane/Mc Nish-Sercombe in the 5-3-2 formation (please Tisdale look at what we achieved with this formation last season) and Noble can sit on the bench!
On the topic of who should be playing tho BJ ahead of Golbourne makes me want to throw myself off the back of the big bank!
our best line up (fully fit):
_______________Pidge___________________
Tully___Duffy____Coles____Troy____Golbourne

_______Dunne___Keohane___Sercombe______
____________Bauza____________________
________________O'Flynn______________

UTC Big Bank

James Dunne for captain is the best shout I've heard, he's our best player and it might convince him to stay further than this season! Noble is an arrogant T**T who has no respect for our football club, he is in effect a Mario Balotelli, he has good moments and clearly good ability but overall he doesn't give a s**t about who he's playing for or the fans of the club, he thinks he is better than he is (which is why he laughs when he f**ks up) and he can't be bothered to work hard for the team! He is also playing in the dead centre of the pitch with our best CB which overall= no decent attacks! for me a full fit midfield for us would include Dunne-Keohane/Mc Nish-Sercombe in the 5-3-2 formation (please Tisdale look at what we achieved with this formation last season) and Noble can sit on the bench!
On the topic of who should be playing tho BJ ahead of Golbourne makes me want to throw myself off the back of the big bank!
our best line up (fully fit):
_______________Pidge___________________
Tully___Duffy____Coles____Troy____Golbourne

_______Dunne___Keohane___Sercombe______
____________Bauza____________________
________________O'Flynn______________
the lines represent brick walls we should be building in the gaps lol

Cravat 2

What a load unsubstantiated nonsense.

Thank the Lord you are just a numpty on a message board and not the manager!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Duffy makes far too many stupid, amateurish mistakes, Noble gives the ball away far too often, and Nardiello is rarely hanging on the last defender looking to make runs. It's time for our senior players who have played comfortably at a higher level to step up to the mantle and up their games. We cannot rely on the likes of Sheps, Nicholls, and various loan players to get us out of dodge and we need more from the players who are able to give it.

Not sure I agree about Noble being too clever for Troy or Sheps, if anything he has a tendency to over-complicate things when he needn't. He has incredible ball control at his disposal and its clear he is a good player, but when he back himself into a corner unnecessarily and then gives himself no outlet, he has only himself to blame for his poor ball-retention.

Hopefully this is just a slump and we'll see the best from all three very soon

UTC Big Bank

What a load unsubstantiated nonsense.

Thank the Lord you are just a numpty on a message board and not the manager!

I'm glad you can come back with such a constructive argument and prove me wrong.... oh wait a minute you didn't instead you call me a 'numpty' try a sensible response mate [y]