• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

F.A.O. David Noble

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I take it that most of the anti Noble brigade don't get to many away matches.
He has been head and shoulders above anyone else in the last 2 games at Charlton & Hartlepool and has had absolutely no one moving or running into space or looking for the ball when he has been is possession. Most of our play goes through him because he is the one player in the team that can control the ball and pick a pass at the moment. He has certainly not been lazy and has put in some decent shifts and done his share of tackling....
nobody can take away the fact that he can pass the ball...but he IMO doesnt do it in area's which effect the game , its all in around the halfway line - that doesnt hurt the opposition.

Jam Doughnut

If you think about , which player would be the least missed if they left?

my answer would be noble or billy jones.

in our midfield we have an excellent ball winner in dunne , troy also breaks up play and could be called a ball winner , the problem is noble is also a ball winner but does not have the same energy ,speed or drive as troy and dunne....what midfield needs 3 ball winners?? but no flair or decent passing midfielders? it's no wonder we never look like scoring.

wemisscuro

Loving watching Tisdale prove em wrong, yet again!
nobody can take away the fact that he can pass the ball...but he IMO doesnt do it in area's which effect the game , its all in around the halfway line - that doesnt hurt the opposition.
Id just like to see him influence the game more , get further foward and perhaps get some shots off and create a goal...

For a start id get James Dunne alongside him in central midfield - that would give him more freedom straight away...

tbh at the moment he's a luxury player - i understand why he's a regular in the side but then i dont understand why he's skipper..

He's not a ball winner you dont see him smashing into tackles , thats Dunny's job and he does it superbly when played in the correct position...

square pegs round holes only works for so long.
You are a man on my wave length!

He fanny's around in the middle of the pitch. Never looks up! Always looking for a fellow midfielder!

Uh, hello Mr Noble...........Harley aint there any more to create! You need to do it! If you can't do that then you aint no good at anything else!

Your point that Dunne should be playing along side him is so obvious it is untrue! If we can see it, why is Tisdale trying to be clever? Why oh f*cking why is Dunne out wide Tisdale? He is a ball winning central midfielder! Always has been, always will be!

Dunne must be tearing his hair out watching Bambi in midfield! At what point did it enter Tisdale's head that Troy may work as a midfielder? In a alcohol fueled nightmare? FFS get him back in the center of defence where he was really coming into his own! Drop Danny (hump it long) Coles!

If he wants someone out wide.....hey, use a natural wide player like McNish or Goldbourne (all be it on his wrong foot)!

I am sick of seeing my hard earned money wasted watching players being played out of position! We have the bare bones of every single position but instead of using those players that are available, he uses players who look like a fish out of water!

There, another rant over. :mad:

Macca

You are a man on my wave length!

He fanny's around in the middle of the pitch. Never looks up! Always looking for a fellow midfielder!

Uh, hello Mr Noble...........Harley aint there any more to create! You need to do it! If you can't do that then you aint no good at anything else!

Your point that Dunne should be playing along side him is so obvious it is untrue! If we can see it, why is Tisdale trying to be clever? Why oh f*cking why is Dunne out wide Tisdale? He is a ball winning central midfielder! Always has been, always will be!

Dunne must be tearing his hair out watching Bambi in midfield! At what point did it enter Tisdale's head that Troy may work as a midfielder? In a alcohol fueled nightmare? FFS get him back in the center of defence where he was really coming into his own! Drop Danny (hump it long) Coles!

If he wants someone out wide.....hey, use a natural wide player like McNish or Goldbourne (all be it on his wrong foot)!

I am sick of seeing my hard earned money wasted watching players being played out of position! We have the bare bones of every single position but instead of using those players that are available, he uses players who look like a fish out of water!

There, another rant over. :mad:
[y] well said that man, agree will all of this post [y]

I can accept losing, and even getting relegated, we've had it great for 5 years, but let's at least give ourselves a f*cking chance of staying up by playing dunney in the f*cking middle!

Willy Nilly

Probably the best player in our team. The problem is that we need players making runs and I noticed on Saturday that they were all being marked and stood there like statues.

Noble is quality. So good on the ball.

Last edited:

witty83

Probably the best player in our team. The problem is that we need players making runs and I noticed on Saturday that they were all being marked and stood there like statues.

Noble is quality. So good on the ball.
b*ll*cks!! drop him, dunne back in the centre, bring in mcnish out wide, he looks quick and has a decent shot!

Ex4-1904

Tully to be skipper , noble is not a leader

Big Nose

Noble controlled the second half at Preston too.
He is a quality player who must be very frustrated with the lack of movement ahead of him. If Harley was still here he would probably be getting pelters as he wouldn't have anyone to pass to either.
Think Curo is a bigger miss at the moment as his movement across the forward line was fantastic and made it easy for Harley to play the ball forward into dangerous areas. With our ever changing and largely youthful/inexperienced forwards so far we just don't have those runs. As someone else said 'it's time for Marcus to earn his money as a strikers coach'.

Big Nose

Tully to be skipper , noble is not a leader
Nice bloke but not skipper material. I can't recall him really using his voice on the pitch, his crossing is woeful and his defending for the first goal on Saturday was shocking.

Willy Nilly

Who gives a sh*t who is captain, the importance of the role has been blown out of proportion thanks to the media and the captain of England b*ll*cks.