• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb's 2023/24 League One Table Prediction Thread

haka

We all got shafted by Stevenage. Unless I missed it, no Exewebbers had them in the top half. Most of us said they'd be relegated, or just escape.

(I don't know who "Matt SB (Sophie)" are, maybe SB means Stevenage Boro :)... nobody else had them above halfway.)

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow, coming up on the rails. Could do with Lincoln and Stevenage losing a few, and Wycombe and Charlton winning some then the title is mine!
The one you really want is Burton to drop two places.

On Lincoln Wycombe and Charlton your prediction is either identical or just one different from that of current leader Larry Wilkie So your improved score on those three clubs would result in an equal improvement for Larry who would stay two points ahead. For Wycombe, any movement of up to 3 places would similarly mean a matching change in Larry's score; to jump 4 places requires Wycombe to overhaul a 10 point deficit on Orient - unlikely.

But if Burton drop two places your guess becomes spot on for them, but Larry's becomes two places worse - giving you the lead (and I don't think the consequential changes for Fleetwood and Cheltenham would damage you more than Larry). The other good thing for you re Burton is that virtually everybody else guessed a higher place for Burton and so that change would stiff all the people immediately behind you too.

(I think. E&OE)

Alistair20000

I think apl is auditioning to be Tyney’s Glamorous Assistant :)

fred binneys head

The one you really want is Burton to drop two places.

On Lincoln Wycombe and Charlton your prediction is either identical or just one different from that of current leader Larry Wilkie So your improved score on those three clubs would result in an equal improvement for Larry who would stay two points ahead. For Wycombe, any movement of up to 3 places would similarly mean a matching change in Larry's score; to jump 4 places requires Wycombe to overhaul a 10 point deficit on Orient - unlikely.

But if Burton drop two places your guess becomes spot on for them, but Larry's becomes two places worse - giving you the lead (and I don't think the consequential changes for Fleetwood and Cheltenham would damage you more than Larry). The other good thing for you re Burton is that virtually everybody else guessed a higher place for Burton and so that change would stiff all the people immediately behind you too.

(I think. E&OE)
Bloody love this post, me.

Exehausted

Nor me, which is annoying because I’d genuinely love to see exactly why I’m so shit at predictions.
You and Tom are in good company Fred, because I'm not on the spreadsheet either. There has to be losers so that there can be winners!

andrew p long

Nor me, which is annoying because I’d genuinely love to see exactly why I’m so shit at predictions.
I think the reason is that you had Stevenage and Orient (9th and 10th) to be relegated. And Carlisle and Fleetwood (the bottom two ) to finish in lower mid table. Those 4 teams cost you 39 points when you are only 16 points off the lead.If those 4 predictions were half as shit - or had been swapped round - you would be leading. (You also had a rubbish pair in Charlton and Reading, but so did everybody else)

Importantly, your predictions for the top six places and for the top 8 places are not shit, but shit hot! You'd be (cliche alert!) 'in or around' the best three predictors for top 6 or top 8. Isn't that the most important part of the predictions?

(After clicking on the link there is a scrollbar to the right of the prediction listings table. I found your entry when scrolling down trying to find mine, but I had to keep going for another 15 places before reaching mine)

fred binneys head

I think the reason is that you had Stevenage and Orient (9th and 10th) to be relegated. And Carlisle and Fleetwood (the bottom two ) to finish in lower mid table. Those 4 teams cost you 39 points when you are only 16 points off the lead.If those 4 predictions were half as shit - or had been swapped round - you would be leading. (You also had a rubbish pair in Charlton and Reading, but so did everybody else)

Importantly, your predictions for the top six places and for the top 8 places are not shit, but shit hot! You'd be (cliche alert!) 'in or around' the best three predictors for top 6 or top 8. Isn't that the most important part of the predictions?

(After clicking on the link there is a scrollbar to the right of the prediction listings table. I found your entry when scrolling down trying to find mine, but I had to keep going for another 15 places before reaching mine)
Best. Post. Ever.

tom_ecfc

You and Tom are in good company Fred, because I'm not on the spreadsheet either. There has to be losers so that there can be winners!
I like to call ‘us’ non winners, rather than losers 😉

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

andrew p long

Blimey! This predicts Burton to drop two places which IIRC is exactly what Denzel needs to snatch the title from LarryWilkie....!