• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V's Wycombe Wanderers Official Match Day Thread. 10/2/2018

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you think it's quiet on here today Wycombe's match day thread is Feckin Dire.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
The 14:23 and 13:57 trains are Stopping at St James International Railway Hub platform 2 before Kick Off ( From the West) . Anything earlier is going wizzing through as our buddies out at the M5 are Kicking Off at 14:00 today.

Weren't they the lucky ones last week??? Let's hope they've rubbed their lamp one game too many!

Come on you Rip Roaring Grecians!
Have to add that the 13:23 from Exmouth does not stop at SJP either, yet the same train next week does.. So it isn't just the trains from and to St David's that are affected.

Avening Posse

Enjoying the novelty of being on a train from Dawlish to watch the match. I have come rather a long way for this one so some entertaining stuff please chaps UTC

StroudGrecian

Enjoying the novelty of being on a train from Dawlish to watch the match. I have come rather a long way for this one so some entertaining stuff please chaps UTC
Hope you bring City that bit of luck that will certainly be needed today AP. (y)

Avening Posse

If Isca is on here, I do believe I owe you a pint....

David Treharne

No Gail Garnett moments for us this afternoon. It's 9c, which is tempered by a strong southerly breeze blowing at 3-4 which makes it feel much colder. There's been intermittent rain during the course of the morning, and although we've had moments where the sun has tried to pierce the gloom, it's really going to be pretty dismal weather-wise. As to what happens on the pitch- who knows? I have persistently hoped that the manager will start with an attacking side from the outset, only to be (usually) disappointed- don't expect this afternoon to be any different. A turgid midfield is the last thing that we need against the Chairboys. In the words of the Smiths "heaven knows I'm miserable now".

Antony Moxey

Not holding out much hope for either entertainment or a positive result for us. The weather is as filthy as Wycombe’s style of play. Personally I can’t wait for five o’clock to come round (we might just be done with stoppage time by then) and I can get back home in front of the fire.

iscalad

If Isca is on here, I do believe I owe you a pint....
Just one????

Avening Posse

Just one????
Spot after (beer) :) ?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Coldest weekend of the winter so far here in southeast Spain. Looking forward as ever to the match entertainment on iFollow. Trying to remember anything from the 0-0 at their place but I can't, just them not being able to break us down. Another tough game, seems like we've had an awful lot recently! Does this mean our run-in is against the bottom half?