• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Vs Rochdale Matchday Thread

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Its not as simple as that though Ron, would you drop Edwards altogether? If not who would you drop from Gill, Panther and Harley? Or would you like to see RE at LB and Moxey in midfield? I'm not sure I would support a further tactical change at the moment with Saunders impressing at RM so well offering us that width, so 4-4-2 looks sound at the moment. I wouldnt support a 4-1-4-1 or anything with Stans as a lone striker because we tried that and his support players were always at least twenty yards away leaving him to vie for the ball with four defenders - two of which are man-marking him. So it'd need to be a straight swap at the moment and I cant identify anyone for whom dropping wouldnt be harsh and potentially damaging to their confidence.

Bet Tis is hoping for a red card soon to solve this headache. I personally keep changing my mind in thinking what I would do, I am currently on saying Taylor has to stay on the bench until he wins his place back off someone
Edwards at LB for me. After the Lincoln game, I'm convinced Deano needs to play left mid.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bet Tis is hoping for a red card soon to solve this headache. I personally keep changing my mind in thinking what I would do, I am currently on saying Taylor has to stay on the bench until he wins his place back off someone
I personally think although, up to today, we had been missing Taylor, after today's performance I don't think he should change the squad. Maybe he should put Matt on the bench, to see what contribution his presence brings to the match when he comes on

Last edited:

GeraintJones

I personally think although, up to today, we had been missing Taylor, after today's performance I don't think he should change the squad. Maybe he should put Matt on the bench, to see what contribution his presence brings to the match when he comes on
Are you mad? i cant express enough how much we missed Matt Taylor at the back, our defending comical at times today. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that just because we 4-1 that all was well with our performance bacause it wasnt. Edwards and Tully in particular looked very suspect at times.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edwards at LB for me. After the Lincoln game, I'm convinced Deano needs to play left mid.
I would like to see Dean moxey in midfield, but who do you drop, Harley, needs games, he relies on timing and confidence, both are coming back. gilly. tripod? or the emerging Saunders ? at the mo the midfield's seemingly starting to pick itself, and maybe without Edwards?, But it will questioned big time, when Taylor returns as im not totally convinced taylor and seaborne are strong enough without edwards holding. we will see.

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
No way should Matt be on the bench when he returns from injury, he provides alot of solidarity and composure at the back and we have missed that recently.

DangerMouse

(Bet Tis is hoping for a red card soon to solve this headache)
Wasn't that Moxeys 5th yellow yesterday? what game will he miss?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its not as simple as that though Ron, would you drop Edwards altogether? If not who would you drop from Gill, Panther and Harley? Or would you like to see RE at LB and Moxey in midfield? I'm not sure I would support a further tactical change at the moment with Saunders impressing at RM so well offering us that width, so 4-4-2 looks sound at the moment. I wouldnt support a 4-1-4-1 or anything with Stans as a lone striker because we tried that and his support players were always at least twenty yards away leaving him to vie for the ball with four defenders - two of which are man-marking him. So it'd need to be a straight swap at the moment and I cant identify anyone for whom dropping wouldnt be harsh and potentially damaging to their confidence.

It is that very simple Jenks.edwards dropped to the bench. Taylor and Scrat are the mainstays of our defence. Moxey doesn't and shouldn't need to be moved to accomodate Edwards. Gilly has been solid if not spectacular and warrants his place. Manny is getting better and better as every game goes on and for all Harley is about as frustrating as hell he can pull the rabbit out of the hat to win a game. Ally that with the fact that Edwards isn't play all that well anyway and the answer really is that simple.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Report for the match, from the Rochdale site. Seem half the goals were offside, and the result not helped by poor and inconsistent refereeing.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10441~43560,00.html

VOR

One of their official reporters seemed to get thrown out by the stewards at half-time. He came out the press box and yelled abuse at the referee as he went down the tunnel. Loads of "colourful" language in front of the local school party.

Surprised his report contains so much detail of the second half!

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Report for the match, from the Rochdale site. Seem half the goals were offside, and the result not helped by poor and inconsistent refereeing.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10441~43560,00.html
And to be fair to them, he's right. Anybody sat in the OG yesterday should be able to confirm this if they were watching the game closely. (As I mentioned last night in my review of the game.)

Last edited: