• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oldham Athletic Official Matchday Thread

TSW1389

From our position central on the Bank it looked to us like Dawson thought it was going wide but that it had a bit of bend on it. I was a bit surprised myself to see it end up in the net. It was a peach of a strike, perfectly placed, and I'd give full credit to Bowden.
I was surprised but it moved and dipped quite late. It was a good goal and so would have needed a good save to stop it. Think all Pete wants is Dawson to throw a bit spectacular dive in for the cameras

robchave

It was a good shot, but from that distance it was stopable. I can only conclude that Dawson thought it was going wide, hence the dejection when the ball wound up in the net. Just a thought, the ball did pass very near to him? A definite error of judgement.
Shirley, every goal scored comes from a series of 'errors of judgement'. Goalkeepers are human too and the better 'keepers simply make less than others. But they all make them.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't think Clark Kent wearing rocket boots would have saved that. It was a beauty.

REDMIKE

Youtube highlights:

That looks a more farcical goal that Dawson let in than I first thought. The ball is not moving "like a scud missile", and there is no obvious "deflection". The ball passes within a yard or so of Dawson, and he had ample time to get to that if needed IMHO. There is no logical explanation that I can see for him to give that up for lost.

The expect 360 tonight will give us a better idea.

jimmy

I agree that he looked like he’d lost it but I can’t see how he could be booked for kicking the ball into the crowd, it was in play when he kicked it.
True, but if the ref thought he deliberately/unnecessarily booted the ball off the pitch at the away fans...then it would certainly be considered 'ungentlemanly conduct' or whatever they call the offence of being an idiot.

burtiew

And yet again Quest dismiss us, ignoring our unbeaten run, and move into the autos, and concentrate on Oldham's goal from a Tottenham loanee ...

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
And yet again Quest dismiss us, ignoring our unbeaten run, and move into the autos, and concentrate on Oldham's goal from a Tottenham loanee ...
Good. Let’s stay under the radar, quietly go about our business, keep our best players through the coming transfer window and hopefully surprise everyone when they wonder where that season came from.

Edna Clouds

Interesting watching the highlights. Nombe's missed chance near the end might have won a free kick if outside the box. Could easily have been pulled back for a penalty.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting watching the highlights. Nombe's missed chance near the end might have won a free kick if outside the box. Could easily have been pulled back for a penalty.
Defender seemed to club him around the head as he shot.

Good performance yesterday, game plan seemed to work. Absorb early pressure gradually assume superiority, early goal. Maintain dominance and get second meaning They had to come out at us so they were open to the break. We were just a shade away from putting it beyond doubt when they hit us and gave us a few buttock clenching moments towards the end. The silnece when they were about to take that late free kick rivalled the remembrance day tribute!

Red Monster

It should have been a penalty there defender put his hand
on the back of Sam’s neck and then pushed his head down
as he was about to shoot.