• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Stevenage Mental Health Awareness Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sure... But you are advocating 4 at the back. And you thought it was when you watched it. So what's to moan about if it Looked as you thought it should be? And 4 at the back is more defenders than 3!
But you said I'd said 2 at the back, which I hadn't. So we all make mistakes, right?
The only difference is that I admit when I'm wrong.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In Mike's defence it can be difficult picking up nuances of formation on iFollow. And while our default formation is three at the back there is also definite flexibility within that; after all Pierce was nominally playing at right-centre half yet popped up in open play on the right wing to set up the goal for our right wing back who had drifted into the centre. Meanwhile both Brennan and Jack before him both drop back into a conventional left back position at times.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
But we haven't got the players to play 4-4-2 at the moment as we don't have a fit left back (and you think Deano can play left back these days then you're deluding yourself. He is a car crash waiting to happen every time he plays there).
While Deano has had surprisingly dodgy games at left back in the past, the last couple of games he's played there he's looked much better. At Salford he was solid enough while I thought he was our best player against Swindon and incredibly unlucky not to start yesterday.

IndoMike

While Deano has had surprisingly dodgy games at left back in the past, the last couple of games he's played there he's looked much better. At Salford he was solid enough while I thought he was our best player against Swindon and incredibly unlucky not to start yesterday.
I think the conclusion is that our team, like most teams in Div 2 this season, is inconsistent, as are most of our players. But we are not so inconsistent as the 21 teams below us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the conclusion is that our team, like most teams in Div 2 this season, is inconsistent, as are most of our players. But we are not so inconsistent as the 21 teams below us.
And being slightly less inconsistent than others while rarely looking that impressive may well be enough to get promotion.

IndoMike

And being slightly less inconsistent than others while rarely looking that impressive may well be enough to get promotion.
Let's hope so. If we go up, work to do for Matt T in the summer.

exeter-loyal

A much much needed result this one after the last 2. Same again Tuesday will be nice.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 version

geoffwp

Feck me this thread has got pretty anal.