• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Portsmouth Matchday Thread

Well-known Exeweb poster
jeez here,, we go the moaners appear,,, say nothing for the whole game then come out with their pearls !!!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have some patience with what he's trying to do everyone.
What's that , ensure relegation by mid season?

Well that was awful. We had very few ideas going forward and there was no service, we sat very deep and did not look like scoring until the end.

Some positives is that Ampadu and Troy were excellent, Troy threw himself at every shot and won every header and Ampadu looked very assured and made some excellent tackles.

We are desperately in need of a couple of Midfielder and a Striker but I cant see us signing anyone.

paperclip

Well that was awful. We had very few ideas going forward and there was no service, we sat very deep and did not look like scoring until the end.

Some positives is that Ampadu and Troy were excellent, Troy threw himself at every shot and won every header and Ampadu looked very assured and made some excellent tackles.

We are desperately in need of a couple of Midfielder and a Striker but I cant see us signing anyone.
Yes we are, which makes Tisdales Summer signings look even more poor. Still, there's always Matt Jay to fall back on, eh?

dontpassback

Sat too deep,couldnt get the ball and didnt hold on to it when we did,ampadu is different class,but the midfield and up front is not up to much.if he doesnt turn around soon we are going to struggle!

Why do I keep going back to that place to watch this rubbish. I know there will be some on here that say played ok but we really did not.

Devoid of ideas, lack of ambition and no creativity at all.

Why can we not just go out and attack with some tempo and give it a real bloody go. The players looked knackered which is unacceptable.

Only plus point is that the bookies somehow keep making the away team odds against so a nice profit each home game.

Banksy

Could this be the season we go full circle to pre Tisdale non league and end up with Devon Derbys against our friends down the road? Talking of friends I see Plymouth are in the play off zone again. Early days but things don't bode well.(facepalm)

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Both Radio Devon broadcasters felt that the penalty was soft. Their player just needed to feel an arm anywhere near his back and he went down apparently. Nobody's blaming the ref who was at the game yet. I take it the penalty was a correct decision?

iscalad

Both Radio Devon broadcasters felt that the penalty was soft. Their player just needed to feel an arm anywhere near his back and he went down apparently. Nobody's blaming the ref who was at the game yet. I take it the penalty was a correct decision?
Well, that depends on which team you support. Softer than soft in my opinion.

malcolms

Don't matter Pete, he gave it and they scored. I'm amazed that there are still people posting trying to protect the current situation. There are no mitigating circumstances that can used to excuse the performance level at home, it is way beyond a joke.

Last edited: