• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Notts County Matchday Thread

D__Lo__

Why did Tis leave it so long to make changes?

Difficult to properly judge from the commentary, but we didn't seem to change formation. We didn't push that further up field, we didn't press the opposition.

This just seemed so different from Saturday. Why didn't take the positives from that game and put them in to tonight's game?
One of multiple questions that arise after every game. Subs, 73rd, 74th and 84th minutes? What is the point of leaving it so late with McAlinden? Might as well not bother. It was clear something drastic was needed at least 40 minutes earlier. The guy is indecisive, stubborn and has questionable intelligence given how he never learns from the same mistakes.

Swanaldo

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've always wanted St James Park to become a fortress. And now it is - for the away team.
A sandcastle for the bullies to kick into Tisdale the Softy's face more like.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Watched 80 mins and then left as had seen enough...just home now...

As bad as Oxford at home last season if not even worse

Loads of things you could moan about but it's the same things that happen in every home game - the main one that gets me over and over and over is central midfield

James and Taylor centre of the park ?....enough said

manc grecian

I was stupid enough go tonight and it was dreadful. Its like a recurring nightmare. Loads of the ball but too slow in possession and over complicating every single move. Opposition are organised, defend properly and wait for us to make a **** up in defence, usually from a set play or if you double your money from open play.

The two centre halves got run ragged. We aren't going to score many but there appears to have been zero effort to organise the defence either.

The central midfield pairing of James and Taylor are the weakest in the division I'd imagine. They duck out of tackles, can't compete physically and are generally about as much use as a chocolate teapot. Taylor I'll excuse because he's playing out of position by our ******* manager.

The squad is miles better than the ****e being served up but the tactics and style of play are predictable, easy to play against, boring to watch and most of all ineffectual as shown by the results. Now if our esteemed manager, who obviously isn't going to change the way we play, can kindly do the decent thing and **** off.

One final thing. The fans were fantastic tonight given the circumstances, they supported the team and clapped the players off at the end. There's only one thing they want changed.

dontpassback

Went tonight because was on holiday for argyle game.with the exception of ruben reid,and craig woodman,the rest were utter dog****,james ,simpson and croll were useless and if things dont change national league football beckons.how this lot have managed 3 away wins lord knows because notts county were miles ahead,did the basics and bossed the game.tisdale has been found out big time !

manc grecian

Why did Tis leave it so long to make changes?

Difficult to properly judge from the commentary, but we didn't seem to change formation. We didn't push that further up field, we didn't press the opposition.

This just seemed so different from Saturday. Why didn't take the positives from that game and put them in to tonight's game?
He put Holmes through the middle start of the second half behind Reid and Simpson. It didn't work. He then took a centre half off for a centre half (me neither) and took Stacey off (probably our best player) so Jake Taylor could play RB. The sub's were irrelevant though. The game was lost by half time.

Oldsmobile-88

A good crowd this evening,which was a bit surprising given the appalling home form & talk of a boycott.
As Manc said,the crowd were good tonight.I think we have all got resigned to playing poorly & not winning at SJP.

Devon_Lad

Why do we only push hard for a goal in the closing minutes when we're 2-0 down? Where was that urgency we saw in the last 10 at the 65 minute mark? I appreciate it gets easier as opposing defenders tire, but still.

iscalad

A good crowd this evening,which was a bit surprising given the appalling home form & talk of a boycott.
As Manc said,the crowd were good tonight.I think we have all got resigned to playing poorly & not winning at SJP.
And that's not just the players!

Robbie Simpson is as poor a player as I've seen for a long time.truely awful