• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Notts County Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well, I started the Stevenage v City matchday thread, and we won. I've started this one in the hope that I can bring the boys the same kind of luck again. One things for sure I feel: there could be a record number of fans tuning into the match on Grecian Player or Radio Devon.

Rog H K

Lucky Pete.(clap)
I'll be there for that historical moment tonight.
Onwards and upwards.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
After Saturday I'm tempted to pop down for this. Wonder if I can get my shift tomorrow put back?

Another win please. We've got to break this home form sometime!

For those that haven't read it, here's Jason's match preview http://www.exeweb.com/2016/09/26/next-up-exeter-city-vs-notts-county-2/

David Treharne

It's 16c on a grey cloudy morning. There's been 4mm of rain in the last 24 hours mainly in the form of heavy showers. The wind is southerly and blowing at a very gentle force 2. There's some sign of the cloud cover breaking and it could be a good evening to play football on the ground. The pitch looked really good when I walked past yesterday, so I suppose its just a question of getting the players ready to get the first win at home of the season. An update at around 17:00.

grecian55

4 of us have decided to pop up from North Devon and i can't wait for 7.45 pm ,let the hooting and hollering begin ,i love football.

"4 of us have decided to pop up from North Devon"

I'd check your SatNav first...

Last edited:

Larry Wilkie

Good luck to everyone who is going to be there tonight backing the lads. Wish I could be there too. Be loud and proud. Hopefully Holmes and Reid starting and maybe Wheeler back on the bench?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Butterfield to play tonight, so he gets a chance for a proper send off?

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
God, no.

Reminds me of when Marcus Stewart got his send off at Bristol Rovers.

David Treharne

Dull & grey, but warm. Flecks of rain in the gentle SSW wind that has both moderated in strength during the day and moved slightly westward. Should be a reasonable warm night, but if the boycott gets any real support the crowd may need to congregate to spots where they can make an effective noise. Going to go early as I have a raging thirst and am in need of numbness for the game ahead.