• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Newport County League Division Two (AKA 4th Division) Prediction Thread

ExeterCityLad

I was reading a few pre-season prediction things yesterday, and came across this one:

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/the-sportsmans-2018-19-league-two-predictions

One of the pundits, Russell Palmer, predicts us to be relegated (!!!):

Another, Jack Porter, under "Surprise Package", says:

I know two games plus one League Cup match are hardly the best barometers, but I wonder if either of them are starting to sweat over these predictions.
Oddscheckers tipser (Tom Barclay) has also tipped us for relegation. I blame all the utterly delusional Exeter fan's who are Tisdale lovers who seem to think he was the messiah and he can't function without him. There drivel has been picked up by the wider footballing community. Utter codswallop, as we're now proving, and will continue to prove.
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/relegation

Last edited:

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Oddscheckers tipser (Tom Barclay) has also tipped us for relegation. I blame all the utterly delusional Exeter fan's who are Tisdale lovers who seem to think he was the messiah and he can't function without him. There drivel has been picked up by the wider footballing community. Utter codswallop, as we're now proving, and will continue to prove.
I like that Unibet has Accrington at 1,000/1 to be relegated from L2!

ExeterCityLad

I like that Unibet has Accrington at 1,000/1 to be relegated from L2!
I've got a fiver on it!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regarding post #7 above , I'm sure we'll easily ram Palmer's prediction down his throat.He seems to think the sun shines out of Tisdale's backside , hopefully his MKD forecast will go off the rails too.

Last edited:

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I can't really blame the tipsters? We were historically over-performing and it's hard to not put that down to the management.

I'm glad we're proving them wrong so far though :D

ExeterCityLad

I can't really blame the tipsters? We were historically over-performing and it's hard to not put that down to the management.

I'm glad we're proving them wrong so far though :D
Over-performing? Where have you got this rubbish from. We have arguably the best starting 11 in the entire league. Not only that, we have some serious depth in our squad.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Over-performing? Where have you got this rubbish from. We have arguably the best starting 11 in the entire league. Not only that, we have some serious depth in our squad.
"Historically". Words are important bud, we're not a top 7 League 2 team generally!

I agree that we've got an amazing side and should do well this season, but a lot of them are new to the club and it's always a question mark whether they'll gel.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
"and it's always a question mark whether they'll gel.
Photos of the "dodgy Barnets" of some of the squad members (especially some of the younger ones) suggest that perhaps too much gel is employed in their tonsorial preparations.

Although I think it's safe to say Nicky Law is never likely to be accused of that (although, come to think of it, the same could have been said of Tisdale)

Dubai Grecian

Going to be a tight 1-0 win

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
2-0
Forte x2