• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool Utd FA Cup 2nd Round Official Match Day Thread

C j phill

Hugely disappointing.
I didn’t have the best view from the Bank but the game appeared to turn when Lee Martin missed an absolute sitter. A minute later it’s 2-1 and then Maxted drops a clanger. City only have themselves to blame.
Never rated Martin. He's only a panic sub at best, but JakeTaylor also missed and absolute sitter in that passage of play.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Obviously the club get money for being in the 2nd round but do we get anything from a replay too?
Just a share of the gate after expenses. Expenses for a trip to Hartlepool will be chunky, what with the coach trip (unless Flybe come to the rescue) and the overnight stop.

Legohead

Banned
Just a share of the gate after expenses. Expenses for a trip to Hartlepool will be chunky, what with the coach trip (unless Flybe come to the rescue) and the overnight stop.
Hopefully then there will a plum tie in the 3rd round waiting for either of us and that might bump the crowd up somewhat on the night and give us more money. I doubt there will be that many there if the 3rd round tie is Rochdale or something.

It may be shown on TV too but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

grecIAN Harris

Thanks Maxted your are ***** mate you couldn't catch a cold - why are your hands up parrying when they should be down and taking that comfortably in the bread basket??
Cheers for costing me over £120 in my acca today needed an Exeter win that was all :mad:(n)
Ultimately it was his mistake that will go down as costing you but it was a p!££ poor team performance that is culpable for Hartlepool still being in the hat.
First half we were playing within ourselves and came in two up. I said at half time, step it for the first twenty minutes and put the game to bed. The only thing that went to bed was City. God only knows what Taylor said at half time but we were flat but still comfortable. But the longer the game went on you could see that something from nowhere would put it us in a spin. Lo and behold Hartlepool get an unstoppable thunderbolt within seconds of us not burying the opportunity to go three up three times in ten seconds and then we're in a flat spin. We then got sloppy and panicky. The equaliser was poor, straight through Maxteds hands, but we should never, ever have allowed ourselves to get into that position. Taylor made poor substitutions. Law should have been replaced by Jay if he had to come off and God alone knows why Lee Martin comes on to play up front (and yes Indo, he was up front as he has been every time). He had a header that tobleroned off towards the corner flag. How he missed in the incident before Hartlepool scored even he wouldn't be able to tell you. One thing is for sure, if Seymour had been in that position we'd all be looking forward to tomorrow night's draw properly instead of having to worry about an ugly trip to Hartlepool in ten days time.
The worst thing is, this sort of collapse has been coming for a while now because we do not see teams off. Argiggle aside, we have been too slow and too ponderous for too long.

jimbo-gould

Sweeny doing himself no favours to endear himself to the fans who were unhappy with his performance. Instead of getting on with it he just kept mouthing “Go f*ck yourself” in their direction.

C j phill

Sweeny doing himself no favours to endear himself to the fans who were unhappy with his performance. Instead of getting on with it he just kept mouthing “Go f*ck yourself” in their direction.
Yep, I think it would beneficial if Matt Taylor gave him an extended break from playing.

Dannyred

I'm not generally a fan of slating keepers for errors as it happens, just like strikers missing easy chances but Maxted is becoming a bit of a liability I must admit. Hopefully he'll have a good game for us v Cobblers and get some confidence back. I don't see what other option we have.
I worked that out about Maxted when we played Coventry. He must be dropped for visser now.

Playing like this and we won’t fill Tagg s New 5000 seater stadium lol

Let’s hope it’s a good draw on Monday and the players are up for it over 90mins

manc grecian

Can't remember him passing to the correct shirt all afternoon and that bit where he was to slow to get back and bring the player down was embarrassing.

i8cornwall

Only issue we have is what if visser comes in and makes mistakes? We gona give maxted the shirt back?

He has pulled off and made some important saves for us since he has come in. If he was buffon he wouldn't be playing for us would he!

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sweeny doing himself no favours to endear himself to the fans who were unhappy with his performance.
Is he still upset about his car?