• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Hartlepool Utd FA Cup 2nd Round Official Match Day Thread

hillview red

Hugely disappointing.
I didn’t have the best view from the Bank but the game appeared to turn when Lee Martin missed an absolute sitter. A minute later it’s 2-1 and then Maxted drops a clanger. City only have themselves to blame.

Legohead

Banned
How much does having to travel up to Hartlepool cost us then? Presumably it's an overnight stay. Unnecessary extra costs.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wasted opportunity,sitting on a 2 goal lead and now we have to schlepp up all the way to Hartlepool for a replay,maxted needs to get a grip literally,and matt needs to look at his substitutions,hopefully a decent draw in the 3rd round will give us the kick up the a### we need to get a result !
Probably get Man U or City and lose to Hartlepool 1-0 up there with Maxted slipping up on his arse for their goal.

andrew p long

What a rubbish result from 2-0 up. There must be a chant about that. The last thing we need is what should have been an unnecessary 700 mile round trip.

And is Maxted really keen on FACup replays? That’s two consecutive rounds where a late howler from him has denied us the win and forced a replay.

PS Pete - don’t look at the highlights , it won’t be good for your blood pressure

Legohead

Banned
Probably get Man U or City and lose to Hartlepool 1-0 up there with Maxted slipping up on his arse for their goal.
Haha, the thought had crossed my mind. My worry is we get drawn away to Liverpool or a team like that then Hartlepool suddenly realize how much more they want it than us.

iscalad

Very disappointing. We didn't turn up for the 2nd half. Too complacent.

Legohead

Banned
I'm not generally a fan of slating keepers for errors as it happens, just like strikers missing easy chances but Maxted is becoming a bit of a liability I must admit. Hopefully he'll have a good game for us v Cobblers and get some confidence back. I don't see what other option we have.

Banksy

Haha, the thought had crossed my mind. My worry is we get drawn away to Liverpool or a team like that then Hartlepool suddenly realize how much more they want it than us.
Yeah , as we both and a lot of others have said many times our lack of a killer touch up front will kill us and not just in the cup. Hope Ward comes back soon but I’m not holding my breath with Ajose , I’ll believe it when I see it.

Legohead

Banned
Obviously the club get money for being in the 2nd round but do we get anything from a replay too?

Ashford Grecian

Thanks Maxted your are ***** mate you couldn't catch a cold - why are your hands up parrying when they should be down and taking that comfortably in the bread basket??
Cheers for costing me over £120 in my acca today needed an Exeter win that was all :mad:(n)