• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Grimsby Town 11/11/11 Match Day Thread.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anybody want me to post the link ?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought not.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi GIP,

If you already signed up to iFollow in the UK you will not be able to watch the live coverage from abroad, you need to register as an "overseas" fan from an "overseas" IP and pay the £105.

Of course, I found out the hard way, registered when at home in Exmouth and had to re-register (which took 3 days) when I got back to Bahrain and found it did not work!

Also, their advertising blurb states..."never miss a minute of the action"...... yeah right, try watching from a dodgy wifi in a bar in Jimberan Bay (drunk)
Watch out for the dodgy pricing in the beach seafood restos, too.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thought not.
You can if you like , I'll read it between cleaning the wheelie bin and cutting my toenails.

Legohead

Banned
I see Grimsby have 3 ex York players in their squads who i've seen mush of as i used to live up that way and watch them a lot. Martyn Woolford i remember being signed from non league Frickley Athletic and he was a tricky winger who really was and still is too good for league 2. He's had a decent career being at Scunny, Bristol City and Millwall among others. He's 30 plus now but still impressive and dangerous if allowed space on the wings.

Luke Summerfield is a busy player and i've seen him score some cracking free kicks in his time at York so Les may be able to correct me but i'd be surprised if he wasn't the dedicated free kick taker for the Mariners. Very industrious and a great crosser of the ball too.

James Berrett is a more casual player and knits things together in the middle with accurate simple passing and keeping things ticking over.

They are the only 3 i can comment on with any real authority and overall i think if our midfield aren't at it today then i would think Grimsby have more than enough to win that particular battle and perhaps the game.

If we can stifle their supply lines and control the middle then we'll win this however if we allow them the opportunity to spray it about then we won't.

Interesting game in prospect and a tough one too.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Jordan Tillson still out injured? If so, I'm very curious to see who is picked in holding mid today given LJ's absence. None of the regulars are really holders, especially not Hiram Boateng who is quite attacking. I'm wondering if Jake Taylor will be moved back or a defender will be played there.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Team news anyone?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
McAlinden starts.

https://twitter.com/OfficialECFC/status/929348174363418625

Reid on bench. Moxey in front of Woodman on left, Holmes on right. Taylor looks like the replacement in James' position.

Last edited:

Copernicus

Now that looks like our current strongest side, great to see McAlinden starting (y)

ECFC89

Pym, Woodman, Moore- Taylor, Brown, Sweeney, Taylor, Boateng, Moxey, Holmes, McAlinden, Stockley.