• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Forest Green Rovers Matchday Thread

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sexton please! You're way OTT with that Maxted save. Maxted had an excellent 8/10 game and dealt with everything capably. The save you speak of was excellent because he dived with the striker and was in line with the ball when that header came in. His thinking on that was commendable and he made another excellent save earlier in the game. He proved to all that we dont have to worry about the GK position (fingers crossed) but he didnt make any world class saves.
Sorry Pete but you really did have to be there to appreciate how good a save it was. To quote Alan Smith's commentary on FIFA, 'he had no right to save that'. Like I said earlier, the TV footage simply doesn't do it justice.

grecIAN Harris

I haven't read through the whole thread but has anyone said that in the build up to the goal the ball may have gone out of play? Watching the highlights it was pretty close to it
No but I said it during the game. My Dad and daughter were insistent that the whole ball hadn't gone. I still think they're wrong on one if not both occasions. I thought Sparksey ran it out.

Stelios

Interestingly the commentator says Bowman's name differently to how we chant it. Wonder which is correct.
As he's a northern lad he probably pronounces it himself as "Bawman"

He tied their defenders up in knots a few times yesterday and was less like the front end of an oil tanker. I have a staunch and unblemished record of heterosexuality but he's a "Beau-man" for me :love:

DB9

No but I said it during the game. My Dad and daughter were insistent that the whole ball hadn't gone. I still think they're wrong on one if not both occasions. I thought Sparksey ran it out.
Your Dad and Daughter wrong? You're in for an interesting Sunday then! 😂😂

exeter-loyal

but he didnt make any world class saves.
You had to be there to see it for your own eyes live with how quick the ball fizzed across and how quick their striker connected with the ball, to fly out of nowhere that quickly and stop it the way he did was incredible. So In my eyes it was a world class save and I would say most (if not everyone) that was in the ground would also agree!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

exeter-loyal

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
You had to be there to see it for your own eyes live with how quick the ball fizzed across and how quick their striker connected with the ball, to fly out of nowhere that quickly and stop it the way he did was incredible. So In my eyes it was a world class save and I would say most (if not everyone) that was in the ground would also agree!
Sorry I'm just not having that, I'd almost go as far as to say he'd be disappointed not to save it. The striker has to score and has given Jonny a massive chance to save it by heading it straight down the middle. In real time the drama of it etc makes it seem much better but once you've watched it back a few times you'll surely agree.

exeter-loyal

Sorry I'm just not having that, I'd almost go as far as to say he'd be disappointed not to save it. The striker has to score and has given Jonny a massive chance to save it by heading it straight down the middle. In real time the drama of it etc makes it seem much better but once you've watched it back a few times you'll surely agree.
In my eyes it's save of the season so far was class. Won us the game yesterday and the players knew it.

iscalad

I think you will be in a very small minority with that view.