• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crewe Matchday Thread

OmanGrecian

You can go ahead, report him, although I dont altogether know what your problem is? They'll want evidence in writing that you're a qualified Class One Referee, in order to seriously entertain your 'complaint', I take it you can supply that without a problem?
Never going to complain in a restaurant again, I'm not a qualified chef.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
2 points from 9 is not good enough. We don't have much leeway for the remain 10 games of the season. The question is, do we have what it takes to get back to winning ways.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
You Tube highlights

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Can we report Lee Swabey to the FA for that "performance"?
What I have noticed in the last few games is the inability of the linesman to give anything, especially when clear fouls are underneath his nose. I cant blame the ref too much, he wasnt up with the play, but needs help from others.
I did notice he was happy to give a foul whenever a Crewe player shouted though.

i8cornwall

2 points from 9 is not good enough. We don't have much leeway for the remain 10 games of the season. The question is, do we have what it takes to get back to winning ways.
Not scoring enough and keep gifting teams goals, so based on that no we probably don’t.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we report Lee Swabey to the FA for that "performance"?
I'm not sure what we can do but there needs to be some sort of complaint made about officials from Devon being allowed to referee our games. Personally I don't think either Brett Huxtable or Lee Swabey are biased against us but why are they put in a position where that is even allowed to become a discussion point.

Also does anyone know if the assistants last night were also from Devon? I know higher up the game the referee will often have a regular pair of assistants but I've no idea if that is the case in League 2.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor has to decide what formation to play .If he wants a back 4 then he can't play 3 from Atangana,Collins,Law and Taylor.Makes us too lopsided and obvious when we are going forward. The opposition knows that we will be more of a risk on the side Williams is on.Couls go for an old fashioned Tisdale 4-3-3 ,but that won't work if Taylor isn't prepared to drop a couple of his favourites.Ithink we are focussing are attacking play on the attributes of the wrong players.

robchave

We've got a good team, with well above average players all over the pitch - apart from up front, where our options are average at best.
Looking back, we could all probably name a dozen forwards who, if in the current team, would turn this into a championship winning season. However, it looks like lack of goals could well cost us.

Grecian2K

Mr Swabey-another example of a Devon based referee; under pressure no doubt to give every 50/50 decision to the away side so that he can't be accused of being a "homer".
Even worse, he's Pl*mothian! :mad:
(Not that I'm suggesting for a moment that he might have a personal bias when refereeing Exeter games)

geoffwp

Though I don't want to believe it and hope with all my heart that I'll be proved wrong, i dont think we will get to those golden autos that shine in the distance so tantalisingly. I've had a nagging doubt for too long that we just aren't complete enough to get there as we just lack the consistent quality needed in a couple of areas. Our form dip, at such a crucial time just underlines this for me and I'm begining to wonder if the players doubt themselves too. A lifetime of supporting city has shown me not to set my hopes too high yet all too often i fall into that trap. Ah well, onwards and......somewhere.