• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town Matchday Thread

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good idea to allow the Crawley fans to move from the IP Stand to the end section of the St James Rd terrace just prior to kick off.
It does not make much economic sense to open the whole terrace for clubs with a small following,but just opening the end section is a good idea & satisfies the supporters who want to stand.Adds a bit to the atmosphere too.
They were none too happy having paid £24 for the privilege! Calling the club ‘robbers’ they are.

In fact they’re not very happy at all, describing those of us posting on the pre-match thread as arrogant, disrespectful, intolerant and dismissive. Even Yems was ‘demeaning’ in his comments, apparently.

Imagine how grumpy they’d be had they lost !

IndoMike

Williams was pretty poor yesterday, but who wasn't, but at least now he is starting to get crosses into the box with his right (as I'd said to you a couple of weeks back). It adds variety and does make the full back think now whereas before the full back knew that if he stood on his left foot and forced Randall down the line the worst you'd be facing was a corner. He's still frustrating, he always will. He's a winger, it comes with the territory.
As for Lee Martin........ I think we'll just leave that one there.
I remember when people used to criticize Ronaldo in his early days at MU because you never knew if he was going to cross the ball or do yet another step-over (not that I'm comparing Williams with Rinaldo)
Beckham was the best crosser of a ball that I can remember : he could put the ball on a sixpence, bit it's true he didn't use his left foot very much
For me the problem for Williams (and it must be frustrating) is that when he crosses there ain't no -one to nod it in.
About Lee Martin - looks like Sir Matt agrees with you. I'm in 2 minds about Lee, but I do think he does a lot of pressing and maybe that's been missed in recent games. Until a month ago we'd only lost 4 matches but in the last month we've lost another 4 .
I'm starting to think that we should play Richardson on the right, Williams on the left (I don't object to that), three central midfielders and one striker. If I had to choose the striker it would probably be Ajose or Seymour. I'd like our movement midfield to attack to be more dynamic, with more movement to make it harder for our opponents' defenders to sort out
The question is who the three central midfielders should be..
I'd also like Randall to get more game time
Don't think the Ajose and Bowman partnership is gonna work
Just my personal preferences : armchair quarter back, as the Yanks like to say.

LOG

They were none too happy having paid £24 for the privilege! Calling the club ‘robbers’ they are.

In fact they’re not very happy at all, describing those of us posting on the pre-match thread as arrogant, disrespectful, intolerant and dismissive. Even Yems was ‘demeaning’ in his comments, apparently.

Imagine how grumpy they’d be had they lost !
Poor things, being forced to move to a part of the ground that wasn’t even going to be open when tickets were sold.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anybody know how the scouts enjoyed their day out ?

The reason I ask is the Conference club near where I used to live, invited a different school to a home match on a regular basis free of charge. They had a section of the stand and the FITC people would get the kids singing, clapping and chanting throughout the game and the the result was a heightened atmosphere at the game.

Colesman Ballz

Anybody know how the scouts enjoyed their day out ?

The reason I ask is the Conference club near where I used to live, invited a different school to a home match on a regular basis free of charge. They had a section of the stand and the FITC people would get the kids singing, clapping and chanting throughout the game and the the result was a heightened atmosphere at the game.
I am just surprised that our resident expert on equal opportunities, hasn't been on here slagging off the Club, for not inviting girl guides and brownies too , Lol !

ChardGrecian

I appreciate quite few like Atangana but just a thought we had the most number of clean sheets in the league but since he has been playing regularly we concede every game. is it a coincidence that his drifting anywhere leaves too much work for the other midfielder Jake or Archie. Personally I would rather have Archie and Jake when Law is playing as they in tandem are much better at protecting the back line. We don’t have the attacking force to score lots of goals so stringent defence is an absolute must.

Oldsmobile-88

I did wonder about that.£24 to Stand is expensive (although a choice was to sit if so desired)

Something the club will have to look at if they want to continue with the practice.
I must admit I would be none too pleased if that scenario happened to me on my travels.

Grecian2K

I am just surprised that our resident expert on equal opportunities, hasn't been on here slagging off the Club, for not inviting girl guides and brownies too , Lol !
Oh dear CB. You've probably poked Mama Bearcub with that post.
Better Be Prepared for a stern response.

Colesman Ballz

I did wonder about that.£24 to Stand is expensive (although a choice was to sit if so desired)

Something the club will have to look at if they want to continue with the practice.
I must admit I would be none too pleased if that scenario happened to me on my travels.
Shirley that is against the Competition rules, same prices should be applied to both home and visiting supporters ?

Oldsmobile-88

Shirley that is against the Competition rules, same prices should be applied to both home and visiting supporters ?
Yep..Someone has screwed up there I would imagine.

For a fan owned club with a award for Away Day Experience last season charging that to stand does not sit well(though the caveat being the terrace was not planned to be open & fans transferred over on their on volition)
Better off not opening it,hence not opening a can of worms about admission cost.