• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town EFL CUP Tues 8th August. Score Prediction and line up thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
We played 2 FA Cup matches under GC last season.

3-2 win at Port Vale and a 4-1 defeat at Oxford.
I'm going for a 2-0 win.

Cheers for the update anno domini had forgotten both

Scott and Nombe
Me too

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Funny old competition it’s not unusual to see League Two clubs in the Fifth Round.
And, knowing our usual luck, if we ever get that far, we'll get one or another of them away...and lose.
Harrogate or Sutton*. A real money-spinner. 🙁
(*On the bright side, it might be Salford or Wrexham...so there would at least be share of the inevitable TV money 🙄)

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would like us to give starts to as many outfield players who didn't feature on Saturday as allowed under the current rules, with the others on the bench to come on if needed at 60-70 minutes.

Red Devon

And, knowing our usual luck, if we ever get that far, we'll get one or another of them away...and lose.
Harrogate or Sutton*. A real money-spinner. 🙁
(*On the bright side, it might be Salford or Wrexham...so there would at least be share of the inevitable TV money 🙄)
Wasn't it Crawley v Colchester in the Fifth Round not long ago

Corey

I’d like to see a starting lineup of:

Woods
Sweenz
Diabate
Hartridge
Harper
Trevitt
Borges
Jules
Cole
Aitchison
Scott

Think that lineup would be more than good enough to get a result, though might need Nombe off the bench if it’s starting to look a bit tight

andrew p long

I would like us to give starts to as many outfield players who didn't feature on Saturday as allowed under the current rules, with the others on the bench to come on if needed at 60-70 minutes.
Anyone know what the rules say on what players we are allowed in this competition? In the EFL *Trophy* there is a requirement to play IIRC 4 outfield players who either started the last match, start the next one, have 40 league starts to their name or are U21s on loan from a Category 1 academy (?)

But I can't remember seeing anything specific about the EFL *Cup* rules for this

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Grecianpasty

There are a few players who can slot in nicely and would benefit from 90 minutes. Woods, Diabate, Young, Cole and Scott being five certs to start for me.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
There are a few players who can slot in nicely and would benefit from 90 minutes. Woods, Diabate, Young, Cole and Scott being five certs to start for me.
I would be surprised if we blooded Young. He's a bit...Young 😉

I'd play Sinisalo. Nothing to learn from or by having Woods in goal.
It's a low risk game, better to get Sinisalo used to playing match football and with his new team mates.