• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Crawley Town EFL CUP Tues 8th August. Score Prediction and line up thread

Tribe descending on me from Crawley, Another comfortable 3-0 win for City!

coles1997

Feel this could be a tricky game but we will nick it 2 1

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Line up is tricky. 5 games in a fortnight. The other 4 are league games. Best game to rest Sam *but* who plays there instead?

Some players get no more than 45 minutes - Carroll,Taylor - as pre arranged half time subs. Diabate and Cole to start. If Mitchell and Rankine are out then Pedro and Beardmore make the bench

Bridgy 81

Tribe descending on me from Crawley, Another comfortable 3-0 win for City!
I may have missed posts you’ve done recently but if not, welcome back.
It’s good to have as many contributors on here as possible. Don’t let the few put you off.

STURTZ

Wonder if J R Hartley will get a game, could strengthen our claim when the "big boys" come knocking. Other than him I'd expect to see a lot of our other squad players involved
Sadly I see a defeat for City 1:2.

Ex-ciderrr

Just win, winning breeds confidence a win vs Crawley in the cup tomorrow evening will be perfect after Wycombe and heading into our 1st home league game of the season against Blackpool.

2-0 City, Trevitt and Nombe.

Will be in attendance too, looking forward to tomorrow evening UTC

tom_ecfc

3-1
Scott, Rankin, Cole
Att: 4,237

Albumen

Line up is tricky. 5 games in a fortnight. The other 4 are league games. Best game to rest Sam *but* who plays there instead?

Some players get no more than 45 minutes - Carroll,Taylor - as pre arranged half time subs. Diabate and Cole to start. If Mitchell and Rankine are out then Pedro and Beardmore make the bench
I hope he starts to play Sonny Cox. It’s either him or Scott to take the pressure off Sam at the minute.
Should be able to beat these minnows. 😂

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst we have been thinking Crawley are a basket case, they did beat Bradford at the weekend ( half their team was booked) so I would expect a tough match, and possibly resting some of our ‘fragile’ players like Carroll Taylor and Mitchell. Whilst it would be nice to see ‘Hartley’ in the squad he would just bench warm
I expect the line up to be
Vils
Sweeney Aimson Hartridge
Rankine Cole Trevit Jules
Scott Aitchison
Cox

Subs
Woods Diabete Harper Borges Nombe ‘Hartley’ Carroll

Crowd of 3758, 23 from Crawley (the whole of Craig’s family)

3-0 Scott x 2 and Jules. Crawley reduced to nine men with two sending offs for bookable offences And another joyous Exeweb building up to Saturday

As an aside there was no Stubbs or McDonald in the Bradford side on Saturday - lucky escape?

Banksy

Maybe have to rest some players in view of thin(ish) squad. I’ll go for a narrow 2-1 win , I think they are a better side than they might seem on paper.