Exeter City v Colchester United Matchday Thread

Rog H K

3 point boost is needed. Sweeny out with Yellow Fever or Black Death I heard! Plagued we are! Doomed! Need a witch doctor or something! Cursed! I blame Gareth and his wind this week! Need some positive waves and not them blooming great things that hit my train at Dawlish on Thursday! Got to get ones mojo energised. Never give up. Never give in. Come on you rip roaring Grecians. CTID.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
3 point boost is needed. Sweeny out with Yellow Fever or Black Death I heard! Plagued we are! Doomed! Need a witch doctor or something! Cursed! I blame Gareth and his wind this week! Need some positive waves and not them blooming great things that hit my train at Dawlish on Thursday! Got to get ones mojo energised. Never give up. Never give in. Come on you rip roaring Grecians. CTID.
I think I can help.
We need to win this game to get some momentum going again. I feel a 2-0 win for City is about right. Will be very disappointed if we den't win and will definitely kick the cat, which quite frankly never looks forward to Saturdays.
C'mon City - FCS sort it out !!!

Last edited:

Billy The Fish

Great stuff !

Pity Szmodics hasn't come down with a pox too, he always seems to be a thorn in our side.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wind not too bad at the moment definitely less windy than yesterday

David Treharne

Strange weather all this week. Today is no exception. Wind blowing 4-5 from SW but barometric pressure dropping which probably means stronger winds later and some more precipitation. On the other hand it's 14c , although the wind, which is quite blustery at times,makes it feel colder. We've had 2mm of rain in the last 24 hours, and there are flecks of rain in the air at the moment. Not, I would guess, a great day for football along the ground, which is a pity. I feel pretty much the same about this game as the last three or four with the question being "Where are the goals going to come from?". It's also a crunch match as today's match, if it's a loss making us further detached from the top 7. Some rain=wear recommended for this afternoon. Update at 13:00.

HH12

Certainly still blustery outside can't see it being a pretty flowing football kind of afternoon - hopefully we can grind out a result of some sort to keep us in amongst it - although apart from the top two anyone from third down is capable and are dropping points - so still wide open for me.

COYR

ECFC89

Two matches already gone in League Two. Oldham v Tranmere and Bury v Cambridge. Lot of rain in Manchester then.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone coming in by train on the Waterloo line...they’re are no SWR trains coming out of Central ST between 4:15 and 8:15 because of expected high winds according to the Network Rail APP

Alistair20000

Having lost me money on a horse called Pym in the last at Cheltenham yesterday I hope our Christy is not on the losing side today.

In the footie section of the Racing Post one of the writers has Colchester as the best VFM bet of the day against “Exeter who have the look of a side running out of steam.” Hope he has that wrong.

UTC

IndoMike

Having lost me money on a horse called Pym in the last at Cheltenham yesterday I hope our Christy is not on the losing side today.

In the footie section of the Racing Post one of the writers has Colchester as the best VFM bet of the day against “Exeter who have the look of a side running out of steam.” Hope he has that wrong.

UTC
Cheeky barsteward. Taylor should enlarge that quote and post it on the changing room wall.

Red Devon

Well-known Exeweb poster
Anyone coming in by train on the Waterloo line...they’re are no SWR trains coming out of Central ST between 4:15 and 8:15 because of expected high winds according to the Network Rail APP
Apparently there’s now a 5:15 showing

David Treharne

Although the sun has made a brave attempt to break through it's still cloudy, but also windier. The wind is blowing 5-6 in gusts, and there are still occasional flecks of rain in the wind. The wind appears to be moving round from SSW to SW and probably thereafter to W, but it's going to make the game a lottery and the proverbial 'game of two halves'. If we do get showers it'll feel considerably colder than the 15c that is the actual temperature. Possibly a game settled by freak goals from far out? Thanks for all the train info.

Although the sun has made a brave attempt to break through it's still cloudy, but also windier. The wind is blowing 5-6 in gusts, and there are still occasional flecks of rain in the wind. The wind appears to be moving round from SSW to SW and probably thereafter to W, but it's going to make the game a lottery and the proverbial 'game of two halves'. If we do get showers it'll feel considerably colder than the 15c that is the actual temperature. Possibly a game settled by freak goals from far out? Thanks for all the train info.

Keeping the ball in play from goal kicks will be important as well-especially if the wind is on the swirling variety.

Billy The Fish

A win today could take us up to 6th place with a game in hand on most of the other contenders, three points would keep us right in there but anything less than that makes the rest of the season an uphill struggle. So come on you mighty reds let's do em.

ECFC89

Troy Brown on the bench !

Along with
A. Martin
Wilson
Williams
Forte
Collins (Interesting0
Hamon.