• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Carlisle Utd Matchday Thread (Playoff 2nd Leg).

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I might have had a post match shandy or two but, by the power of Greyskull, that was some game. I'm not going to bother trying to go over anything vaguely analytically, mainly as i'm not capable but also because i don't care.

I'll attempt to go to bed soon and will either be asleep in seconds, the game was so draining to watch, or i'll be awake all night, hashtag buzzin. A dream featuring Stacey's winner, in or out of context, would be nice though.

geoffwp

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhh. Ive run out of red wine. Jeez.

happygrecian

Amazing game. What a night. I'm still buzzing.

The team and Tis' made us proud tonight. This is what football is all about.

Home we fill Wembley.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagghhhh. Ive run out of red wine. Jeez.
I'm pretty far through the bottle myself!

KWSGrecian

Nerves are shredded... come on you reds
Olive to score a double
Called it lads

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done City. Awesome performance. Everytime we got it down and played, we looked dangerous. Carlisle scored 2 from nowhere but credit to them for not ever giving up. Thought Harley had his best game of the season. He was everywhere, even tracking back to cover Woodman. He is so much more effective played centrally, behind the strikers than out on the left. However nobody had a bad game and all 12 played a full part in a well deserved win. Some game for the Old Grandstand to bow out on.

Some nice scenes long after the final whistle too when the players came back out. There were only about 200 left on the bank at that point. Reuben took a Red Legion flag and ran round the pitch waving it.

Tis has some interesting team selection headaches for Wembley and so glad we are playing Blackpool. Check out the dive by that twit Hylton for their penalty tonight.

UTC

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Check out the dive by that twit Hylton for their penalty tonight.

UTC
So good to see that not be the winner

IndoMike

You see, that's what annoys about Tizzy. In his youtube interview he had to say "there's been an incredible lack of faith in the players outside the dressing room...". Now, firstly the lack of faith was with Tiz, and secondly why bring that up in this joyous moment. No comment from him about the support today from the fans.

IndoMike

Anyway, great left- foot shot from Stacy. Arrowed into the net

geoffwp

The support was absolutely non stop enormous. There was no pause. It just kept going and going and going. Incredible. I'm sure Tis knows this and I wish he would voice it. I think the club should acknowledge it.