• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Brighton Matchday Thread

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
How frustrating. Seems that it doesn't matter what league you are in the teams at the top seem to get the rub of the green and late winners. I just hope the Gargs don't go above us tomorrow.
I wasn't there, but I am not sure that it is the rub of the green. Good teams always keep trying to win for the full 90 minutes and beyond.

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rob Edwards would have done a good job today

Sercombe was responsible for their 1st goal. You cannot give the ball away to the opposition when there is no danger and all it needs is to be cleared

We are lightweight.

Never mind as long as we stay up and preferably higher than Gargoyle

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Giler made an insightful comment earlier when he said Tully went missing for their winner, and he also said he often did the same at Saints.

I watched the extended highlights of the Saints game on Grecian Player, and he is spot on. The amount of space Saints had down the left hand side was embarrassing, and often Tulls could be seen jogging back totally oblivious to players around him in dangerous areas.

Tulls is a weak link at the moment, needs to up his game.

PAFC-rip-stanno

lost the game thanks to an argyle reject! chin^ :D

Liam McNamara

lost the game thanks to an argyle reject! chin^ :D
dont smack you face on the door on the way out.

you can be smug when you finish above us mate, until then i await the cheery result on the demise of your tin pot club!!

ECFC Nursey!

Very well known Exeweb poster
RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
my views for what its worth
The ref must have come on the team bus for the goal kicks he gave when they should have been corners,( saying that it was a good job he was looking the other way when goldy tackled the Brighton player).
If Jonah had not made a couple of cracking saves in the first half we could have been losing at half time by at least 2.
The second half - what can i say, WTF happened? They wernt better than us and played some dodgy football at times tbh but we kept giving the ball away and lost the ability to attack/tackle their players ( although I was impressed to see Harley get in there).
And I know I bang on about it but we dont need to play 'pretty football' - we need to score the goals no matter what

I know I will get slated for some of these points as I have not been to a game for a while - but thats just how I saw it

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh well, at least we won't have to face Brighton again this season.

Liam McNamara

my views for what its worth
The ref must have come on the team bus for the goal kicks he gave when they should have been corners,( saying that it was a good job he was looking the other way when goldy tackled the Brighton player).
If Jonah had not made a couple of cracking saves in the first half we could have been losing at half time by at least 2.
The second half - what can i say, WTF happened? They wernt better than us and played some dodgy football at times tbh but we kept giving the ball away and lost the ability to attack/tackle their players ( although I was impressed to see Harley get in there).
And I know I bang on about it but we dont need to play 'pretty football' - we need to score the goals no matter what

I know I will get slated for some of these points as I have not been to a game for a while - but thats just how I saw it
cant see what there is to slate in what you have written mate. all fair points! but ref and ogs lino where a discrace!

jones kicking is still awful. would rather have artur between the sticks.

dommers

It sounded to me like the game changed when Dunne came on for Noble!

steve

If the ref was so biased, then why did he miss an obvious opportunity to send off Golbourne for what was a shocking tackle?

Otherwise just one of those days. Scrappy at times, but I don't think Brighton deserved the 3 points.