• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Brentford matchday thread

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
On paper that would be the case but I don't think the Bristol City fans are at all happy with him thus far. As for Hamer he pulled off a couple of decent saves but as has been sent before should have done better with Cureton's header. He's also a nob who the referee was an inch away from sending off.

Did make me laugh when the army of 14 year old chavs (not content with fighting each other and elderly gentlemen) took up position behind his goal and started chanting "on the pitch" as though they actually had the balls to go on it.
What made me laugh less was seeing some of the same little idiots spitting on hamer when he came back to get his drink...not big and not clever:..

PINHOE RED

What made me laugh less was seeing some of the same little idiots spitting on hamer when he came back to get his drink...not big and not clever:..
They needed to be kicked out & banned then.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tricky to know how to feel after Saturday's game. I think if you take the clown's performance in goal out of it then we would have won 2-1. (Don't mention the pens they were dreadful and anyone would have saved them)

I actually thought it was a good performance and we were unlucky not to be winning at HT, the rest of the team can hang their heads relatively high as they played okay.

One thing though, how many times does Sercs get knocked off the ball, thought he had bulked-up this season but on Saturday he was getting muscled off it everytime, once he improves that side then he will be a top player.

Oh and Logie - stop f*cking giving away needless fouls evertime you jump. He had a shocker on Saturday but at least he kept going.

ac11e

Hamer is a local lad, and one day will play for city. Let's get him at the start of his career when he is clearly head and shoulders above jones.

Grecian_Jay

Hamer is a local lad, and one day will play for city. Let's get him at the start of his career when he is clearly head and shoulders above jones.
Didn't stop him acting like a c*nt. I wish some of those '14 year old chavs' had got on the pitch, could of seen how much of a big man he was when he wasn't ptotected by the sh*t stewards we have at this club.

Burntfaceman

I wanted to throw some coins at him, but didn't because I wanted some sweets after the game

ac11e

Didn't stop him acting like a c*nt. I wish some of those '14 year old chavs' had got on the pitch, could of seen how much of a big man he was when he wasn't ptotected by the sh*t stewards we have at this club.
If we were 4-2 up then I would emplore Jones to do the same. Nobody on this forum should get on their high horse about time wasting etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it. But we would surely want our players to do the same? So deal with it, and move on. It happens.

Grecian_Jay

If we were 4-2 up then I would emplore Jones to do the same. Nobody on this forum should get on their high horse about time wasting etc. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with it. But we would surely want our players to do the same? So deal with it, and move on. It happens.
Time wasting yeah completely agree and I said the same last week after MK Dons, but turning to the crowd and gesturing them and giving it the big man is clearly gonna irritate some people and should be a booking.

They book you now for celebrating with your own fans after a goal so surely winding-up opposing fans should get the same at least.

greenawayr

Well I was moving house this weekend so have only just caught up with things.

Only been able to watch the highlights but based on these, what a ridiculous game of football that was.

We seemed to be able to slice through them at will in the first half, hit woodwork several times, saved two penalties and still lost 2-4. Crazy.

Jonah looked far from convincing on the first three goals they scored and despite the penalty saves, I would be tempted to give Artur a chance. Give Jones a chance to gain his form back in training, where it won't cost us.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brentford's manager Andy Scott had a go at his Brentford players for a poor first half!

http://www.thisisexeter.co.uk/news/Bees-stung-action-Scott/article-2819577-detail/article.html