• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Brentford matchday thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree, there's no way David James is the best keeper in the league.
Well, he is.

Jones isn't the 2nd best, though.

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe the comment related to Hamer not Jonah.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which keeper are you on about?
I'm talking about a keeper on Exeweb You go to college don't you mate? ;)

Joshyd123

I'm talking about a keeper on Exeweb You go to college don't you mate? ;)
You've lost me?

You made your last post sound like you're on about Jones, but I think Shabba's on about Ben Hamer?

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've lost me?

You made your last post sound like you're on about Jones, but I think Shabba's on about Ben Hamer?
Why would she be talking about Hamer? He is irrelevant. I thought she was talking about Jones, i was.

It's Sunday night...

SDRighton

After the Walsall game I said we basically gave them two goals then won 1-0. In the Brentford game it was effectively giving them four goals then winning 2-0.

Pretty much the craziest Exeter game I have ever watched, and I couldn't help leaving the Park (along with a few others) with half a smile on my face because it was just so f*cking stupid. It reminded me a bit of the the "Darwin Awards" - where people get great amusement out of tragic deaths due to the comical nature of them.

If I was our midfield/attack (who generally did their jobs very abley), I would be livid with our defence, particularly Troy and Jonah. I was actually quite glad Cureton missed his chance to bag a hat trick at the end as it would have probably just compounded his justifiable frustration.

We badly need Taylor back, and Jones to grow a pair of balls and stop looking so timid. He's a great keeper and needs to start showing it again.

dommers

After the Walsall game I said we basically gave them two goals then won 1-0. In the Brentford game it was effectively giving them four goals then winning 2-0.
Just the opposite of the Carlisle game then were they gave us 2 goals and then won 1-0

jokers

Thanks for that is arthur supposed to be Arthur.;)

Joshyd123

Why would she be talking about Hamer?
Because Shabba's last couple of posts were about Hamer being a better keeper than Jones.

Phil Sayers

Well, he is.
On paper that would be the case but I don't think the Bristol City fans are at all happy with him thus far. As for Hamer he pulled off a couple of decent saves but as has been sent before should have done better with Cureton's header. He's also a nob who the referee was an inch away from sending off.

Did make me laugh when the army of 14 year old chavs (not content with fighting each other and elderly gentlemen) took up position behind his goal and started chanting "on the pitch" as though they actually had the balls to go on it.