• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Bradford City Saturday 7th August 3.00 p.m.

i8cornwall

Have Bradford scored yet?

herts_bantam

You guys mostly seem to favour an away win, and I suppose on the whole we do too as expectations are high and lots of momentum, through good displays, has set the scene

Trouble is, us fans don’t get to write the script!

It now appears you are about to , or have, lost two of your better players.

Surely there is more to it than that?

tonykellowfan

We had the best front 4 in the league last season and 3 of them have left...

Don't need to say much more than that really.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
We had the best front 4 in the league last season and 3 of them have left...

Don't need to say much more than that really.
Of the three that has departed only Randall is a loss, the other two, okay have moved up the pyramid, but will be found out over time.

We still have Captain MJ with a new supporting crew. This season is likely to be a slow burner with the injuries and business still needing to be done. I am hopefully looking to be inspired in the weeks ahead.

Not optimistic for Saturday and should as anticipated we suffer a defeat will be avoiding these boards at all costs as Raliegh, Exmouth, Stoner and the deluded one will come to the fore as soothsayers of Doom, as they collectively make their Taylor out Banner at Dommers' pad

God I hope I am wrong

rooecfc

Maybe us fans (aka ECFC owners) need to show the board (+3) that selling our silver when we don't need to is not what we want - boycott Saturday I say !
Is it really worth joining the Trust when our representatives agreed to loosing our best assets ?
I for one am absolutely disgusted and hope to cash in my Season Ticket.
What a bloody shambles
Boycott because we cashed in on a player with 1 year left on his contract good god talk about fickle if we win on saturday you will be adoring over nombe

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
We may as well relegate us now(this was sarcasm)

ExmouthMart

Of the three that has departed only Randall is a loss, the other two, okay have moved up the pyramid, but will be found out over time.

We still have Captain MJ with a new supporting crew. This season is likely to be a slow burner with the injuries and business still needing to be done. I am hopefully looking to be inspired in the weeks ahead.

Not optimistic for Saturday and should as anticipated we suffer a defeat will be avoiding these boards at all costs as Raliegh, Exmouth, Stoner and the deluded one will come to the fore as soothsayers of Doom, as they collectively make their Taylor out Banner at Dommers' pad

God I hope I am wrong
I was very optimistic before Randall left. Plenty of goals in a team with Nombe, Brown, MJ and Randall. Enough to cover the shortcomings further back in the team. I am not giving up on them. As along as we give Bradford a game. Win or lose, learn from it and sort out any reoccurring problems. I am looking forward to watching them play again at St.James Park.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was very optimistic before Randall left. Plenty of goals in a team with Nombe, Brown, MJ and Randall. Enough to cover the shortcomings further back in the team. I am not giving up on them. As along as we give Bradford a game. Win or lose, learn from it and sort out any reoccurring problems. I am looking forward to watching them play again at St.James Park.
Pleased to read it, unlike other seasons it will probably be a slow start though with quick exit from the league cup or whatever it is called now which won't be a bad thing

Personally going from what I saw preseason going forward will not be a problem, defensively however especially if we are going to press like we did against Shrewsbury we are going to be prone to the ball over the top. Cameron Dawson will need to be playing sweeper in this case.

I predict a 3 - 2 win (nombe x 2, Jay)

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I havent had a half time pie or a Mars bar and bovril combo in bloody ages, feels like half a lifetime. I'm looking forward to that choice almost as much as the game but I dont want to put the weight on I've lost in the meantime. Could be a tricky time around the 45minute mark.🤔