• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Cambridge United FC Matchday thread.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Interview with Tom Parkes

So many excellent performances midfield so much better both Archie and Jake had excellent games. MJ as usual worked his socks off. So many candidates for MOM although Bowman would certainly not be amongst them. Very subdued did very little of his usual chasing and harassing and missed a golden opportunity to score.
Please do not stick Taylor out on the right wing/midfield again, we have been so much better the last two games with him back in the heart of the midfield.

pct333

I think we are well set.

However, there's no real form yet to this division.
Compare today's score against these matches already played just 4 games in.

Morecambe 0 Cambridge 5
Morecambe 1 Port Vale 0
Exeter 0 Port Vale 2
Morecambe are second in the league with a goal difference of -2 !

Grecianpasty

Uh oh the boo boys are back for bowman. What was that, a week?

A complete performance is never a complete performance if bowmans in the team.

He had a poor game today but the bloke works tirelessly whatever the game. He will pick himself up and dust himself off as that's the type of character he is.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Uh oh the boo boys are back for bowman. What was that, a week?

A complete performance is never a complete performance if bowmans in the team.

He had a poor game today but the bloke works tirelessly whatever the game. He will pick himself up and dust himself off as that's the type of character he is.
Agreed. A lot of the work he does, goes unnoticed. I suspect we would not be as effective without him.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Grecianpasty,

Bowman is the only out and out striker we are playing with, he needs to score some goals, his record in front of goal over the last 10 games or so simply isn't good enough.

There is no argument to be had here, the facts tell the story.

I used to stick up for Bowman as I used to love his work rate and the way he used to bully defenders, he isn't doing this at the moment, he won next to nothing in the air today and he certainly didn't bully their back line.

He currently isn't the player he has been for us.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Of the 8 goals scored by City players this season 7 have been scored by academy graduates.

In the league all 5 goals scored by City players have been scored by academy graduates

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of the 8 goals scored by City players this season 7 have been scored by academy graduates.

In the league all 5 goals scored by City players have been scored by academy graduates
Long may that continue :)

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Grecianpasty,

Bowman is the only out and out striker we are playing with, he needs to score some goals, his record in front of goal over the last 10 games or so simply isn't good enough.

There is no argument to be had here, the facts tell the story.

I used to stick up for Bowman as I used to love his work rate and the way he used to bully defenders, he isn't doing this at the moment, he won next to nothing in the air today and he certainly didn't bully their back line.

He currently isn't the player he has been for us.
As much as I can see why you have that opinion, Bowman would still be the first name on my team sheet. I just can’t see how we would be improved by playing Seymour, Ajose or Fisher, we are a much stronger side with Ryan up top.

We’ve played well in every game this season, we’ve had more possession than the opposition in every game, and I strongly believe that starts by having someone up top that runs and runs, jumps, hassles, wins headers, holds the ball up well, wins free kicks, etc and Ryan is exactly that player.

Today he wasn’t at his best but he still gave us something that none of our other strikers would have given us.

Geddon Ryan.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster

Great to see these young lads making an impact. A good time to congratulate the people who've brought them to the Club and coached them.