• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City FC v Brentford FC Matchday Thread

Hooch

.....oh, and at least the Scum have managed something WE'VE never (yet) managed to achieve - losing to the AFC Wombles <titter>
I don't see how losing to AFC Wimbledon is that funny. Yes it's hilarious whenever the scum lose, but the Wombles are a fan-owned club (just like us) and are on the up...what they've achieved in the last nine years is amazing!

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't see how losing to AFC Wimbledon is that funny. Yes it's hilarious whenever the scum lose, but the Wombles are a fan-owned club (just like us) and are on the up...what they've achieved in the last nine years is amazing!
Yeah I guess. Dis-loyal to their original club and then oust another team from their own ground. They disgust me.

geoffwp

yeah i guess. Dis-loyal to their original club and then oust another team from their own ground. They disgust me.
wtf???????????

samwise

Tom Nicholls has to start on Saturday, surely? He looks much livelier, smarter and sharper than Bignall...different side in the 2nd half and it was much to do with Bauza and Nicholls in place of Logan and Bignall IMO.

ECFC2010

Oli,

how would you feel if city decided to upsticks and move to lets say weston-s-m?
not 1 supporter of AFC Wimbledon is dis-loyal to their club, they love their club just as much as we love ours.
kingstonian were going to the wall before AFC Wimbledon stepped in to use the ground.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
wtf???????????
They basically chucked Kingstonian out of their ground.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We just lack a bit of flair at the moment..there is no doubt Harley is the biggest miss at the moment , that player who can unlock the door or play a killer pass/score a goal....

Once Nardiello is back and Buaza is 100% youll see a different City.

ECFC2010

Kingstonian Football Club are an English, semi-professional football club that are playing in the Isthmian League Premier Division for the 2011-12 season. The club has played at Kingsmeadow in Kingston upon Thames since 1989, after leaving their traditional Richmond Road ground. They currently share the ground with AFC Wimbledon, who purchased Kingsmeadow in 2003.

Grecian2K

Oh dear....lighten up FFS

In the same context of our song at Elland Road "If you've never lost to Histon clap your hands" it was/is indended as a compiment based on, not only on how far the "galacticos" have fallen, but also how far the "plucky minnows" have managed to rise to such feats?

And as for oli's observation. As has been also said by others I think there might be a handful of long-term Kingstonian supporters who might themselves hold AFC W in almost the same disdain that others hold the Makky D's?

Just a thought

Last edited:

Banksy

Just back ,have to say we will be battling this year to stay out of the bottom four. Not because we're particularly bad , just very lightweight with no cutting edge. And nothing to call on just a continual list of injured players and kids in waiting. Both Brentford and MK Dons similar , nothing spectacular just very strong , there will be a lot of teams like that and we'll struggle to beat them all with this set up. What worries me is that we've nothing in reserve at all.Also no goals in open play in three league games. Shades of Swindon Town last season , playoffs one season , relegation the next. Only hope is we can get a couple of half decent players in on loan if we can find some extra in the budget. Don't know where we go from here ,early days but a bit depressed to be honest.