• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City F.C. v Walsall F.C. Official Match Day Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
It is not premature and the title is beautifully set out. What more do you want you old grouch ? :)

Besides which this is a day for Logie to step up with a 93rd minute header into the top corner.
Not quite the kiss of death that the old curmudgeon ******** predicted but it was a damn close run thing.

I may have got the scorer and the way of scoring wrong but I was pretty close with my 93 minutes.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
It was your son's deferred pee wot drew it :)
Yep, and we didn't even have a train to catch, although the lure of meeting his girlfriend post-match may have had something to do with his haste to depart the park LOL!

DJH2005

So did we miss Matt Oakley then.....?
Jake Taylor more like. I thought Duffy did the Oakley role ok and allowed Nobes to push forward

Narkyello has undoubted talent, but what a whining little person he is. He makes my **** boil he really does. Tantrum after tantrum. MTFU, you have an amazing gift and are being allowed to show it off at a decent level. If my nipper behaved like you do constantly he'd never be out of his room. So much for role models!

LammieLammieLammie

Don't think it did. I was straight behind it and it just went over the wall into Pidge's far corner. Don't understand why we had our shortest players in the wall though.
Big deflection according to friends in the Flybe. ;)

Jay's pretty much on the money on this one.

Hunterwasmyhero

Big deflection according to friends in the Flybe. ;)
You haven't got friends in the Flybe! Those that you know who are there were telling you that there was NO deflection but no more than a bad wall which was set up with the midgets guarding the near post!

crocks

Haha now I know you're taking the ****.
I thought that you would like that one.

Perhaps not superb, but he did his job very well.

I know that once you have a prejudice, its very hard to see any good in a player. But take time to look at what he does.....he did save two certain goals in the second half yesterday and his general overall play was good.

He certainly contributed more than Goldy...

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just seen the highlights. What a beaut by Noble for the equaliser!

I thought Duffy did the Oakley role ok
You're kidding right? Duffy looks less fit now then when Noble first started playing for us.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
For those without Grecian Player, brief highlights can be found on the ITV website here. Click on the "All-League Ties", and we appear after 6 minutes.

Woodsy

05 Archibald-Henville - quality player as usual
18 Coles - a bit hoofball and clumsy but played ok
19 O'Flynn - poor performance. Not quite up to speed yet I don't think.
Agree we all your other comments, but cant agree with these three. Troy was the worst player on the park, didn't know what to do with the ball, couldn't pass and gave away the foul for there free kick with a school bit of defending. Coles on the other hand was a lot better, made the odd mistake and isn't the greatest with the ball, but he looked a lot more solid. O'Flynn worked hard, chased, harried, just his first touch in and around the area let him down today. He was definitely better then Logan when he came on.

Also what has Duffy been doing while out injured? Looks like he has spent all of his time eating pies!