• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City F.C. v Walsall F.C. Official Match Day Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many people caught the 16.56 Exmouth train and missed our goal (timed by Exeweb at 16.57)? Somebody have words with FGW about the timing of their trains.
Somebody have words with the officials for the late K.O.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Oh FFS!! Another midweek 'almost up north' away evening game. If it can be anything near to our visit to the Bescot 2-3 weeks ago, bring it on.

Oldsmobile-88

Oh FFS!! Another midweek 'almost up north' away evening game. If it can be anything near to our visit to the Bescot 2-3 weeks ago, bring it on.
Carry on walking from Yeovil,Reggie.Its only a 4 day walk from Huish Park..;)

Last edited:

older-codger

I just wish they would do the simple things well instead of trying to be clever beyond their ability. All too often they are too keen to get rid with a clever pass when there is a simple one available. Though I clearly wouldn't expect City to be their equal, I thought Spain tonight gave a classic lesson in making the simple pass pay resulting in almost constant pressure, albeit without the end result thanks to some stout defending.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
How many people caught the 16.56 Exmouth train and missed our goal (timed by Exeweb at 16.57)? Somebody have words with FGW about the timing of their trains.
How about having words with Nobes about the timing of his shot?

;)

crocks

Oh and Tulls was superb again.....2 goal saving interventions in the second half.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ha! My son said he was going for a pee with about 3 mins to go, as City seemed to have lost the will to live. I managed to persuade him to stay put until the end (as we always do normally) and my God, was he thankful he did! :p

Alistair20000

Ha! My son said he was going for a pee with about 3 mins to go, as City seemed to have lost the will to live. I managed to persuade him to stay put until the end (as we always do normally) and my God, was he thankful he did! :p
It was your son's deferred pee wot drew it :)

Grecian_Jay

Oh and Tulls was superb again.....2 goal saving interventions in the second half.
Haha now I know you're taking the ****.

andrew p long

Sometimes its better to slow the game down, get the basics right, like pass to another City shirt and then build from there. Parts of the second half were the worst I have seen at the park.

/QUOTE]

So did we miss Matt Oakley then.....?