• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Chiefs fans (W*nkers)!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wendyball how amusing.
We used to call it kissball. <<snort snort>><<grunt>>

Bit thirsty, pass the aftershave

Antony Moxey

i watched the highlights of them yesterday, give em credit they had an atmosphere
One thing's for sure, rugby fans haven't a clue how to sing: 'Chiefschiefschiefschiefschiefschiefs' has to be just about the most monotonous chant I've ever heard, that along with the laughable red indian wardance one. Where are the songs about the players or the opposition?

Poor effort Chiefs.

:p

greenawayr

One thing's for sure, rugby fans haven't a clue how to sing: 'Chiefschiefschiefschiefschiefschiefs' has to be just about the most monotonous chant I've ever heard, that along with the laughable red indian wardance one. Where are the songs about the players or the opposition?

Poor effort Chiefs.

:p
And those aren't even original.

Stolen from the Atlanta Braves baseball team!

But as far as Rugby goes, they are a "quirky" bunch of fans.

Having been to Twickers and had nothing else to sing apart from "GLAAARRRRSTEEEEERRR". The only fun of that was seeing who could accentuate the accent the most!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
It's not, but that is another argument.
That was what they told me, but it's just like playing rugby while cellotaped up in sofa cushions, and you're allowed to throw forward. Easy innit

HappyAsLarry

We luv you Stanno we do, oh Stanno we luv you!
At the end of the day, rugby is just a bunch of tubby blokes playing catch with odd shaped balls!

mammooman

Is this really a thread for serious debate. Grecians complain on here each week about the Premiership, the plastic, the stereotype view that ALL football is like what you see in the papers, in the media, on the street. The brainless souls half watching a match in a pub sipping Fosters Cold claiming to support Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea (delete as appropriate.) We know that this conjured image is not the 'real' football image we see week in week out.

I have faced stick from chavvy football fans in the same way that the shirt and club tie rugby lot out on a Sat night are incredibly rude to normal people on a night out.

I'm sure exactly the same applies to rugby. The stereotypes are true to an extent, otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. But people, areas, clubs, reputations change...which many are unable to accept.

If I had to be one sided and I'm of course not being biased in any way what so ever **winky smiley* I would have a guess that tye reputation of football within the public is lower than that of rugby, but I also think that footballs' is improving...where rugby seems to be getting a little worse around the Exeter area.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is why I like Rugby League, it has a similar atmosphere to football, the fans are a good laugh and the chants and songs are alot more imaginative than just shouting the teams name over and over.

Fareham Grecian

The reason why intelligent people prefer football to rugby has nothing to do with class or the relative merits of the supporters. It's because football is about skill, while rugby is about power.

Poultice

This is why I like Rugby League, it has a similar atmosphere to football, the fans are a good laugh and the chants and songs are alot more imaginative than just shouting the teams name over and over.
But the crowds are tiny and consist mainly of thick as f*ck, pie eating, Northern arse wipes, putting them all in nice new grounds won't make any difference.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the crowds are tiny and consist mainly of thick as f*ck, pie eating, Northern arse wipes, putting them all in nice new grounds won't make any difference.
Saints crowd week before last was 14000, not very tiny IMO