• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter Chiefs fans (W*nkers)!

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
I got quoted on their forum - not the most controversial thing I've said to a group of sportspeople. I walked into a university superbowl party and told them it was just an easier version of rugby with pads.

Ironically I'd happily watch the rugby if it didnt clash with city, if I could afford to attend both and if it didnt cost £8,000 a game to see the chiefs

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its not about our hatred of them its that they seem to have the problem with us! I think it stems back from when they thought they had to share with us if they went up the season before sandy park was built, I dont remember our fans being ****** off about maybe sharing with the chiefs but when the roles were reversed (when we thought the council was going to try to stick us in with them so they could nab SJP for property development), they were up in arms (on their site) saying how all our hooligans would smash up their new ground week in week out, there was a thread on here at the time Im sure of it.
As for them being the bigger club as they so put it, we took 3000 fans to Leeds for a 'division 3' game last season, how many rugger lot went to Leicester last week 'the man utd of rugby', 300 at best? We took 30000 for a 'division 5' play off final to Wembley, how many Chiefs fans went to the rugby equivalant of the league cup when they made the final a few years back? 2000 wasnt it? Shocking

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
From the Chiefs website...so true Re: Chiefs as seen from a wendyball perspective
Well I am an old ECFC supporter from the Cooper/Ball years, but when city nearly went bust due to misuse of funds in the following years I left.

I am a St Thomas boy, so with the county ground on my doorstep I started to follow them.
There are some arrogant rugby supporters who know nothing of the football culture. There is still a feeling in Football that we are all posh toffs (couldn't be further from the truth) and look down on them.
But saying that there are an unsavory people in both sports, and as the posts continue there seemed to be concern at city losing support to chiefs. This may cause animosity with a small group, also they may feel that chiefs are getting far to much media attention.

Maybe our clubs should do some joint things under the Exeter banner. Then maybe some would see that not all football supporters are hooligans, and football supporters will see we are not all posh toffs.
Well, that seems like arrogance and condescension to me... What an *rsehole

SimonBB

Wendyball how amusing :). It seems the family stand is in order for a lot of them if they to grace us with there presence.

scottus86

Everyone on there that doesn't like City and our fans are just as bad as everyone on here who doesn't like Chiefs and their fans, I don't like rugby, doesn't mean I care if someone else does, doesn't mean I care if they don't like City, at the end of the day as long as I like City thats all that matters. Everyone and anyone else can think what they like.

Stevo

If this had happened at a football match the news would have been full of reports of hooligans...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adrianwarner/2010/09/flying_bottles_are_not_my_idea.html

Jolly japes?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
If this had happened at a football match the news would have been full of reports of hooligans...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adrianwarner/2010/09/flying_bottles_are_not_my_idea.html

Jolly japes?
Seems the cricket crowd were in.

ecfc01

i watched the highlights of them yesterday, give em credit they had an atmosphere

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I got quoted on their forum - not the most controversial thing I've said to a group of sportspeople. I walked into a university superbowl party and told them it was just an easier version of rugby with pads.
It's not, but that is another argument.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Funny to see someone complaining that football is all corporate (which it is), especially considering they pay astronomical prices to watch the Aviva Premiership in a stadium with Dean & Diabolical's logo all over it :D

There certainly seem to be a few posters on the Chiefs' forum that don't seem overly keen on changing opinions (Hello Mabolza :D). lot of arrogance on there. If you speak to any rugby fan you will have the impression that you go to football and get sworn at and kicked in the head whereas at rugby you'll get a blowjob from the opposition fans, never hear anything nasty and everyone behaves like angels. I've been to rugby and that certainly isn't as true as it used to be. Most rugby fans will tell you that 'we never have police present', again this simply isn't true, when I was at Chiefs v Tykes a few years back I saw as many police as I saw for the Peterborough game on Saturday.

I also like Mabolza going on about how Sandy Park is different to the City Centre for a big game. I mean, that's a no brainer ain't it? If you go to watch City then you can walk around town and make an afternoon of it, whereas if you go to Chiefs then you can only go to the ground because there is f*** all else to do.

This can go on and on though, the simple fact is that people prefer one sport to the other and will always moan about anything else. Rugby fans say that football players are diving cheats, football fans will point out that at least players in our sport don't go to the extent of cheating as a team (glances in Harlequins' direction). Rugby fans will say that they don't need police, football fans point out that they're lying.

I'd like to see Chiefs do well though, I may even take in a game if it doesn't clash with City, but I'll never get passed the feeling that they are like Chelsea, just a team that has bought their way to success.