• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Terryhall

Or more likely the lad from Liverpool.
Yep, was thinking he'd have probably had a seat on the bench already before Bale got injured - but you are right he will definitely be higher in the pecking order.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
So there is a well defined procedure which is if the parties cannot agree a fee, it goes to tribunal.

I don't see any problem with that. Chelsea haven't done anything wrong.
Agree. As we're not even aware of the figure City, or Chelsea, has put on him how can anybody judge Chelsea as being unreasonable ?

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree. As we're not even aware of the figure City, or Chelsea, has put on him how can anybody judge Chelsea as being unreasonable ?
But... they're rich, therefore have a moral obligation to throw money around because, umm... well, just because we want it.

Terryhall

But... they're rich, therefore have a moral obligation to throw money around because, umm... well, just because we want it.
I'd say more they have a moral obligation not to screw the little guy and to pay a fair market price.

If ECFC and Chelsea cannot agree on a fair market price, a tribunal will.

No harm, no foul.

budegrecian

Apparently we have asked for £3m and they are only offering £1.5m. As such, they're not doing anything wrong. However, they have potentially got a player that will be worth £50m in a few years and they are haggling over a sum that would cover Hazard's wages for a month yet would have massive significance for us.
As others have said: they have no class.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest, I think £1.5M isn't too bad but 2 would be nice.

But with my bargaining skills it's no wonder my ex-wife took all my money!

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
3m would be fantastic, but I would take splitting the difference as long as the deal had some decent add ons and a healthy sell on %

Zi Zou

3 million spent rationally on team and indoor 4G puts us in the game so to speak

Well-known Exeweb poster
from what was said earlier IN THE THREAD the 'rules' around young player transfers suggests were entitled to around 300,000 £.

manc grecian

But those rules don't apply. 1.5m with him returning on loan for two seasons and a sell on was Chelsea's final offer.