• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Nigel E

I was admonished for referring to him as being from our academy previously, so don't know what/who to believe any more.
He was briefly with the Academy before signing pro terms. This article sets out the situation

I think you could say that if we hadn't had the Academy, he wouldn't have joined us, as he was still someway off 1st team contention at the time. Obviously from there he improved quite quickly.

That axing of the youth team at Yeovil to finance a return to the Championship isn't looking so good right now.

older-codger

Really as I seem to remember another local that everyone had big hopes for then laughed and said he was a waste of talent when playing for Northampton now captain at Swansea in the Championship, Ethan is a class act who within the next 2 seasons will be a regular premier league player.
Eh? Since when has Sean Goss been captain of Swansea? You really should get to know our players

Matt Russell

You really should understand the post you're replying to before you post!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where does Matt Grimes come into the equation

Dannyred

Eh? Since when has Sean Goss been captain of Swansea? You really should get to know our players
You need to follow the thread.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was admonished for referring to him as being from our academy previously, so don't know what/who to believe any more.

Doesn't our OS also list Matt Jay as being 5'10?
Always useful to blame someone else when you make a mistake

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Doesn't our OS also list Matt Jay as being 5'10?
If you feel you can trust the official site here is the press release from when Jordan signed his first pro contract that confirms he was one of our academy scholars - it's also a reminder that not every year provides a large number of players destined for the first team or to make the club big money!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That axing of the youth team at Yeovil to finance a return to the Championship isn't looking so good right now.
Although there is undoubtedly some truth in this, the Collins family were trekking up and down the M5 from Somerset long before the much-closer Yeovil academy closed down which suggests it wasn't that highly regarded even when it was still operating.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Leipzig winning 3-0 home to Bremen.....Amps off the bench after 60 minutes.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC saying Ampadu may play tonight at Spurs as RB have central defenders suspended and injured. They need to get some value for the big loan fee they apparently paid Chelski. Whatever, it doesn't even make a contribution to the add-ons we were awarded by the tribunal as only 1st team games for the blues count. :mad: