• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

StudentGrecian

According to Wiki Ethan has only played 11 first team games. That's actually alarming for a player of the age of 19. Now this may cause a riff but I honestly do not think he is half as good as people think, most 19 year old players with real genuine potential are playing week in week out, Mason Greenwood has played 30 games this season and he is a year younger.

I'm sorry but I can see Ethan staying in Germany struggling for first team football.
I see the point, but he has never looked out of place when he has played for Chelsea. Greenwood has hardly proved to be a world beater yet either, he has just had more of a chance at his club.

Don’t forget Ethan picked up an injury just as we had started seeing him get in to the first team mix, in my opinion he’d still be around the first team squad if it wasn’t for that injury

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
According to Wiki Ethan has only played 11 first team games. That's actually alarming for a player of the age of 19. Now this may cause a riff but I honestly do not think he is half as good as people think, most 19 year old players with real genuine potential are playing week in week out, Mason Greenwood has played 30 games this season and he is a year younger.

I'm sorry but I can see Ethan staying in Germany struggling for first team football.
I think the 11 refers to league games, of which he has started 6 in league 2 and comeon as a sub 5 times - twice in League 2, once in the Premiership and twice in the Bundesliga games. Ethan has also started 12 other cup games and, I think, 9 games for Wales.

It's interesting to compare that record with the much-hyped Rhian Brewster who is almost 6 months older than Ethan. Before this month Brewster's entire first team experience was two league cup games earlier this season. (And yes I know it's not an entirely fair comparison as Brewster has had some serious injuries which have delayed his development.)

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Huge waste of talent, Sean Goss all over again.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Goss was at United for four or five years and, as far as I can recall, never played for the first team.

Ethan played for the Chelsea first team within six months of signing for the club, at the age of 17; he’s now featuring for a club which tops the Bundesliga and is in in the later stages of the Champions League. Looking a little further ahead, he looks likely to play a big part for Wales in this summer’s Euros.

I don’t doubt he would have liked to have started a few more games this season but his career is hardly down the pan quite yet.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rumours he may coming back to the West Country...

...Bristol City

Dannyred

Really as I seem to remember another local that everyone had big hopes for then laughed and said he was a waste of talent when playing for Northampton now captain at Swansea in the Championship, Ethan is a class act who within the next 2 seasons will be a regular premier league player.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rumours he may coming back to the West Country...

...Bristol City
if that happens there will be an ECFC academy graduate in all five clubs between 4th and 8th place in the Championship. Stansfield, Watkins,Storey,Grimes and Ampadu.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Pedantic point: Storey wasn't from our academy.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pedantic point: Storey wasn't from our academy.
Pedantic point - he was a member of our academy for his last year of schooling and is listed on the official site as an academy graduate.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Pedantic point - he was a member of our academy for his last year of schooling and is listed on the official site as an academy graduate.
I was admonished for referring to him as being from our academy previously, so don't know what/who to believe any more.

Doesn't our OS also list Matt Jay as being 5'10?