• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The BBC tweeted this this morning. Have we missed a big announcement? :)

Chelsea's Ethan Ampadu has earned huge praise from former Exeter boss Paul Tisdale. "We're very proud."

Last edited:

Terryhall

Thirdly, Tisdale always says he's involved in all aspects of the team. You don't honestly think that Tisdale doesn't know how the system works do you? Regarding your first point, maybe we don't know but the club does. Don't see the relevance of your first point to my post.
Maybe he does, but there's no point in playing poker with your cards face up is there.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
The last hand has already been dealt : now it's just up to the tribunal.

Terryhall

The BBC tweeted this this morning. Have we missed a big announcement?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41774358

Zi Zou

Will be a lot of other interested clubs when the final fee hits. The EPPP is geared towards the rich, if we get a pittance, think potentially 70/80 Cat 2/3/4 clubs might be thinking what really is the point

muppetdodger

Will be a lot of other interested clubs when the final fee hits. The EPPP is geared towards the rich, if we get a pittance, think potentially 70/80 Cat 2/3/4 clubs might be thinking what really is the point
I might be wrong and here to be corrected, this isn't EPPP it is tribunal which I believe are two completely different beasts.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
How's the Ampameter doing now?Three million and soaring?
Three million my arse.

Keep having to re-calibrate the top end of the scale.

£8.5m

Exehausted

Three million my arse.

Keep having to re-calibrate the top end of the scale.

£8.5m
Back of a fag packet calculation. Amps v Pogba. Pogba 90 million cost, wages said to be at least £250,000 a week on a five year deal. £62.5 m plus 90m= £152 m.Amps. Wages apparently £25,000 a week (staggering I know but Wenger said last year that there are dozens of teenage millionaires who have never got near a Prem match day squad), which given there were at least 3 other big clubs after him I find quite believable, so on a 5 year deal £6.25 m. plus, say 3m is 9.5 m. So Chelsea could pick up 17 players of Amps ability for the same money as Pogba. In that sort of context, which I'm sure our club will present it, Chelsea will get him cheap. I would ask for a sell on of 20%, but because if he makes it they won't sell him, I would ask for a percentage of his second 5 year deal, say 10 per cent. If he's a big star then his wages would at least match Pogba and that would give us an extra £6.2 million. In today's crazy money go round still cheap. Do I think any tribunal would sanction that? Nope, but that wouldn't stop me asking!

jimbo-gould

On the bench today for Chelsea.

Dubai Grecian

Can you imagine if we actually get 3m, 4m, 5m or more....how to use the money?

Upgrade the training facilities? more work on the ground? player investment?