• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Contract extension for Lloyd James

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you imagine if we actually get 3m, 4m, 5m or more....how to use the money?
get out of this division and to have decent pop at lge 1

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can you imagine if we actually get 3m, 4m, 5m or more....how to use the money?

Upgrade the training facilities? more work on the ground? player investment?
Taking everything into consideration I would be astonished if we receive anything like any of those amounts.....but delighted to be proved wrong.

Saint James

get out of this division and to have decent pop at lge 1
Bondy, so spend it all on players? I seemed to think last time that was tried with a third of the Grimes money we finished 14th the next season. I would imagine a number of clubs in League One would already have a budget 3-4 times what we have so spunking it all to try and compete with the big boys would take far more money than whatever we get for Amps I fear. I would rather continue to invest in facilities for example a purpose built training centre as the building at the Cliff Hill cant go on for ever. We need a gym and player facilities that build on the 4G

exile in wales

A lot of his Chelsea clubmates in the U17 World Cup winning team for England i hope that they show their medals to him when they get back as i fear that that may be the closest he gets to an International Final .... in the words from "**** Whittington" Turn Turn and Turn Again..... its not to late come back from the Dark Side Amps...

Last edited:

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bondy, so spend it all on players? I seemed to think last time that was tried with a third of the Grimes money we finished 14th the next season. I would imagine a number of clubs in League One would already have a budget 3-4 times what we have so spunking it all to try and compete with the big boys would take far more money than whatever we get for Amps I fear. I would rather continue to invest in facilities for example a purpose built training centre as the building at the Cliff Hill cant go on for ever. We need a gym and player facilities that build on the 4G
hmmm , in tis we trust, give him a decent budget and he'll get BLOODY good value,thats what he does. would you bet against stockley fetching a decent return in a season or so.

Saint James

hmmm , in tis we trust, give him a decent budget and he'll get BLOODY good value,thats what he does. would you bet against stockley fetching a decent return in a season or so.
Stockley is a damn good signing (not withstanding the debate regards pairing him with Rueban). However, the season we spent big on recruiting Championship level players like Olejnik and gave good deals to Harley, Noble et al saw us finish lower than the season we had a transfer embargo! My point is not that Tiz cant spend wisely but that I would rather spend what could be a one off windfall on building up our facilities that we get benefit from for years to come.

Taking everything into consideration I would be astonished if we receive anything like any of those amounts.....but delighted to be proved wrong.
To be honest at this point I would be very surprised if we don't get £2.5m + appearance fees + Sell On of around 20% and I wouldn't be surprised if it was more to be honest. Taggy at one point was telling people the club valued Ampadu at £5million last season and since then he has gone on to be picked for the full Wales squad, make his full Chelsea 1st team debut and become the 1st player born in the 2000's to start a 1st team game for Chelsea, already building on his national profile he already had at ECFC to become one of the most talked about young players at any Premier League club. He is as near to a sure thing of becoming an established Premier League player as you can have at 17, not just because of his natural footballing talent, but because of his football brain, leadership ability and exceptional mentality. The truth is that whatever Chelsea are forced into paying even up to £10million (which they wont be by the way) they have got a bargain who will either go on to play for the 1st team for a minimum of 10 years or at worst a player they can develop for another 5 years before selling him on ala Nathan Ake for £20 million making a massive profit on him.

When it comes to how to spend the money I have already said that I think the club are likely to split it down into the normal 3 spending lines i.e. Academy, 1st Team and Infrastructure. Personally if it was me I would like to see the following building on Tis saying the playing budget is already secure for the next 3 seasons at current levels and that we do get £2.5m:

1st Team (£833k) = Split the money into 3 giving an extra £277k per season into the budget - Concentrate on securing our saleable assets to new long term (2 - 3 year contracts) i.e. JMT, Pym, Sparkes etc - Sign a couple of first 11 ready players to help the team straight away - Look to sign 1 or 2 players in the Wheeler/Isaac Vassell mould who are older but with the natural attributes to develop and sell on for a profit

Academy (£833k) = Build the indoor training pitch facility needed to move onto the next Academy 2 level potentially building new changing rooms/gyms facilities into it - If any money left spend on additional training tools where needed or coaches etc

Infrastructure (£833k) = Whilst the club is unable to utilise the full stadium revenue generating income from ticket sale anyway look to invest this income into extending the new Grandstand to increase capacity if possible even if it is just by a few hundred it would help to future proof the club

I think the club can afford to and has to take the opportunity to look to push on now as there is a pretty good chance that in the next 2 – 3 year that Ollie Watkins will end up leaving Brentford for a good fee which will give the club another cash boost without affecting the 1st team squad. That is assuming that none of the JMT, Pym or Sparkes are sold for decent fees in the meantime……

Last edited:

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is Chelsea allowed to appeal any tribunal decision?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is Chelsea allowed to appeal any tribunal decision?
No, I'm pretty sure it's binding on both parties.