• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

English defence league.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
The EDL are marching in Exeter on Saturday...FACT
Any idea why?

Usually they seem to pick on places with a substantial Asian community. Has Exeter these days? (Haven't lived there for nearly 20 years).

downthetrack

recruitment drive perhaps,predominantly white in the west country

tavyred

On that note tavvy, tell your bunch of 18 year old wannabe hool skinhead chavs to go back to school, gain an education, and then come back with more correct, less xenaphobic, ideals.
Were the EDL not overwhelmingly white, I have no doubt you`d be describing them as dis-enfranchised,misguided and ordinary working class youth searching for a cause however odious.

arthur

Osama Bin Laden wanted to provoke the west into a war that divided the world into two camps - Islam and its American imperialist opponents. So AQ did something utterly and completely outrageous and George Bush/Tony Blair duly obliged, starting the war that Bin Laden longed for. From being an obscure sect AQ became a global franchise and they will be forever grateful that there wasn't a practising Christian in the White House, one who actually believed "Love thine enemy, bless them that persecute you".

A few years later Anjem Choudary faced a similar dilemma - how to raise the profile of his ridicuous little organisation. Taking a leaf out of Bin Laden's book he adopted a similar approach although hugely different in scale. "What will best provoke white mainstream Britain" he thought, and came up with the idea of displaying offensive slogans at a homecoming parade by a British regiment who had suffered casualties in the Middle East.

And, just like George Bush before them, the EDL granted Choudary's wish and started its campaign against "radical" Islam. The previously insignificant Choudary has had his profile raised enormously, young Muslims have been radicalised to defend their communities against EDF thugs and Choudary must think the EDL is the best thing that's ever happened. Talk about a mug's game....

Red the Paper

Banned
Any idea why?

Usually they seem to pick on places with a substantial Asian community. Has Exeter these days? (Haven't lived there for nearly 20 years).
Amazingly Stroudy it is a "Ban the Burkha" March. Like you see loads of burkha's in Exeter, loads of berks maybe and I would gladly march to ban them. Ban the buggers, I would march to ban them and the buggerers. I would stick it right up them (in the literal sense).

It was in last nights Echo, I am not a member nor a supporter.

There is a growing muslim community in Exeter and a brand new mosque with minaret.

Last edited:

delve in the hole

young Muslims have been radicalised to defend their communities against EDF thugs
they could always just switch to npower:)

Last edited:

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I have actually met the Imam of Exeter mosque.

A thoroughly nice chap and HIGHLY tolerent and liberal it has to be said. I went to school with his son and sat next to him in physics. Top lad, very clever always friendly. Thoroughly good people.

The women attending Exeter mosque don't even wear burkas or niqabs. What the hell are the EDL thinking? If they had renamed the march ban the hijab it would be more relevent albeit EVEN more misguided.
Cretins. Proper cretins.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Amazingly Stroudy it is a "Ban the Burkha" March. Like you see loads of burkha's in Exeter, loads of berks maybe and I would gladly march to ban them. Ban the buggers, I would march to ban them and the buggerers. I would stick it right up them (in the literal sense).
Ban the berks - now that's something we can all agree on! Ecfc01 to start? ;)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
. However to say that Islamic extremists are threatening our country is preposterous.
there are hundreds of potential 7/7 bombers in this country.get a grip will yeah
You are either one paranoid person or you believe every unsubstantiated claim in the tabloid media.
I bet youre the kind of imbecile who's still on the lookout for ARE MADDIE aren't you.

Last edited:

StroudGrecian

It was in last nights Echo, I am not a member nor a supporter.

There is a growing muslim community in Exeter and a brand new mosque with minaret.
Well exactly, which made me wonder what the point of it was.

I know the mosque, it's en route from St Davids to SJP, the Islamic Centre has been there for as long as I can remember (in my youth I used to go to the Karate club next door), but is much more visible these days.