• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Elliott Frear

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Frear looked like a proper winger, and has done in the friendlies I've seen him play too. Proper talent IMO, more chance than Sheps.

Number13

In the past (Conf and L2) we have been able to blood the youngsters but L1 is a stretch for this club and we cant risk them taking 10 games to be proved good enough or not.

Its a shame as they are good players but realistically Shep, Bennett and Frear are all 20 or 21 and really should be doing it by now. Nichols I have more hope for owing to position. He can sit on bench, come on for 10/15 and if he doesnt do it then he doesnt.

My hope maybe is that we are safe with 10 games left and can give them a decent run especially if has decided who is to be released of the senior boys. Otherwise we give them another year wasting more money

StroudGrecian

Frear looked like a proper winger, and has done in the friendlies I've seen him play too. Proper talent IMO, more chance than Sheps.
I have to agree, and did far more than just 'wait on the touchline' in the PSFs I've seen him in, I'd say more a left midfielder, giving options on the wing but also chasing back when needed. Scored a beauty at the Mangoes too.

ECFCspillsy

but if we had 7 subs, would he come on every game?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree that Tis doesn't use wingers.
I am not sure that this is right.

He doesn't tend to sign them, except on loan, but since Wayno, we haven't had a proper winger at the club, apart from Jake Thompson, who clearly wasn't up to scratch. With Shepherd and Frear, more the latter, we have two who have come up through the ranks and this gives Tis options that he (by accident or design) didn't have before.

DJH2005

I am not sure that this is right.

He doesn't tend to sign them, except on loan, but since Wayno, we haven't had a proper winger at the club, apart from Jake Thompson, who clearly wasn't up to scratch.
Noone. Surely he was a proper winger?

Fair point though.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shepherd, Keohane, Bennet, Frear, Nichols, Mc Nish, who will make it?
My money would be on Scot Bennett! [y]

Poultice

My money would be on Scot Bennett! [y]
I haven't seen enough of any of them to gamble me hard earned, which is a shame, local club should be there for local lads.

wemissmoxey

Shepherd, Keohane, Bennet, Frear, Nichols, Mc Nish, who will make it?
What does making it actually mean though ?

Alistair20000

What does making it actually mean though ?
Indeed. There are many different perspectives.

I'll go for a player who regularly starts for the first team.

Simples