• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

EFL Leasing.com Trophy Semi Final Draw

wiveygrecian

Yes, Gallen is Jackett's second-in-command - I think they've worked together for a number of years. If we don't make it up this season then I look forward to another visit to SJP next season - always good to see a trust-owned club like yours thriving and it seems Matt Taylor is doing a great job.
I forgot Joe Gallen had a spell as a loan player with us! I remember us getting him on loan from Watford

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes, Gallen is Jackett's second-in-command - I think they've worked together for a number of years. If we don't make it up this season then I look forward to another visit to SJP next season - always good to see a trust-owned club like yours thriving and it seems Matt Taylor is doing a great job.
Are you worried as a club that if you go up that you might not be able to compete financially? There are big clubs in the Championship with a lot of cash to splash and your chairman is trying to do things step by step and not throw money around for the sake of it

sign of the chimes

Are you worried as a club that if you go up that you might not be able to compete financially? There are big clubs in the Championship with a lot of cash to splash and your chairman is trying to do things step by step and not throw money around for the sake of it
I think you're absolutely right that we will struggle to compete financially but it doesn't really worry me. Of course I want us to be successful at whatever level we play but given where we've been before I'd much rather we tried to do things in a sustainable way - even better if there's a longer term plan afoot to make continued progress (we'll see if that's the case in time). Prior to us making the top flight we'd been perennial strugglers in the second tier for over a decade, and as a club we've had our fair share of lows as well as highs.

DB9

I think you're absolutely right that we will struggle to compete financially but it doesn't really worry me. Of course I want us to be successful at whatever level we play but given where we've been before I'd much rather we tried to do things in a sustainable way - even better if there's a longer term plan afoot to make continued progress (we'll see if that's the case in time). Prior to us making the top flight we'd been perennial strugglers in the second tier for over a decade, and as a club we've had our fair share of lows as well as highs.
Once there it's difficult to keep fans expectations at bay, Your Chairman has always been up front with the fans from what I've seen working in Pompey and having Pompey fans as colleagues, Think his main priority is the stadium and trying to sort that out, I guess Championship football would be a bonus

sign of the chimes

Once there it's difficult to keep fans expectations at bay, Your Chairman has always been up front with the fans from what I've seen working in Pompey and having Pompey fans as colleagues, Think his main priority is the stadium and trying to sort that out, I guess Championship football would be a bonus
Yes, absolutely and I definitely don't profess to be a spokesman for the whole fanbase - I'm aware of a few who think we should be in the Championship already and despite what the owners and CEO have said will expect huge sums of money to be thrown at things if we get promoted. I'd love for us to get there and for that problem to become a reality!

IndoMike

The money they splash around is called "debt", D89. Thus is a synonym for unfair competition.

grecIAN Harris

Yes, absolutely and I definitely don't profess to be a spokesman for the whole fanbase - I'm aware of a few who think we should be in the Championship already and despite what the owners and CEO have said will expect huge sums of money to be thrown at things if we get promoted. I'd love for us to get there and for that problem to become a reality!
I think you just need to get there, survive the first season back and then look to grow.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just hope that its a good game and all the players (from both teams) get through the game without injury. Logically you would expect success in the rest of the season to be correlated with having the fewest injuries.

DB9

The money they splash around is called "debt", D89. Thus is a synonym for unfair competition.
It maybe debt Mike but they still splash it around

DB9

I just hope that its a good game and all the players (from both teams) get through the game without injury. Logically you would expect success in the rest of the season to be correlated with having the fewest injuries.
I'm hoping for a good game too, We've both done well in our respective leagues, Although a distraction it does help squad members to get a game