• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Grimsby Town Official Match Day Thread

Stelios

Agreed.

Amazing how many times your laces come undone or your boots 'fall' off when you're defending a goal lead. But never seems to happen when you're chasing a game with time running out?

les.gtfc

You could also add on DOUBLE the time wasted too !
What I've often said is that time-wasting should be team related.

Say an away team are time wasting for a nil nil draw but the home side score in the last minute then the time added for the away team time-wasting shouldn't be added as it gives them a chance to equalise in time added on for THEM time-wasting.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Eh? Your player cleared the ball and it was then played forward again by your player. As far as I know, that means that our player couldn't be offside. In fact I think you may need to ring the FA as their latest offside rule confirms this.
Please don't bring facts into it Les !

Matt Russell

We could of course, like Rugby, just have matches that are determined by how long the game is "active" - Ball out of play = clock stopped.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
We could of course, like Rugby, just have matches that are determined by how long the game is "active" - Ball out of play = clock stopped.
AFL do the same. It's not rocket science.

Colesman Ballz

AFL do the same. It's not rocket science.
Exactly as do the NBA, but what all three of those sports have in common is respect for the referees from players and officials. If they step out of line, they will be for the "high jump", there is no toleration of adverse behaviour. Until FIFA leads by example and gets serious, you will only see a little tinkering around the edges.

I suppose that one problem could be getting some nations to vote for the changes. Maybe in South America for example, they might be reluctant to have referees cracking down, as too many might end up getting shot at, but if you clean the game up on the pitch, surely that is the first step in diffusing tensions off it ?

Red Devon

Horrible idea! nothing wrong with a bit of time wasting when your team is under the cosh hanging on to a one goal lead...every team does it even Exeter City it all adds to the drama and excitement of a game.

Oldsmobile-88

Horrible idea! nothing wrong with a bit of time wasting when your team is under the cosh hanging on to a one goal lead...every team does it even Exeter City it all adds to the drama and excitement of a game.
Indeed...Did it a bit ourselves at Port Vale this season,though that did backfire a bit !!

I thought it was not too bad on Saturday,certainly not in the Wycombe or Lincoln League..One of the Grimsby players even trotted off across the pitch when his number was raised...Just seems sour grapes to me,inept defending & golden chances missed were the reason for the defeat.