• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC v Grimsby Town Official Match Day Thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Your chance to relive all the key action from yesterday!

[video=youtube;Azx18PisfPo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azx18PisfPo[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Azx18PisfPo

les.gtfc

Looking at those highlights, it seems that for our penalty, the ball came off the shoulder of your number 27, so Rose couldn't have been offside.

Red Monster

Looking at those highlights, it seems that for our penalty, the ball came off the shoulder of your number 27, so Rose couldn't have been offside.
You’re right Les it was just a frustrating thing to happen ,hand on shoulder and he went down like he’d been polaxed
But that happens up and down the League every week.

We had enough chances to score 5 or 6.

Stelios

I agree with Ian and Stellios. This powder puff approach where nothing more than normal acceptable contact, it is a contact sport isn't it, sends a player sprawling is a real sickness in the game along with players surrounding refs and assistants while berating them.
Just to add insult to injury I watched the TV highlights and the commentator claims the Grimsby player was "wrestled" to the ground. Mind you, wrestling is fake so maybe he was being ironic?..........

O'Shea got on the wrong side and did put his hand on his shoulder. So in modern parlance he gave the player an "excuse" to go down. But I did not see any "wrestling".

There were quite a few highlights of the match but not the disallowed goal.

Stelios

You’re right Les it was just a frustrating thing to happen ,hand on shoulder and he went down like he’d been polaxed

This is also true. Lots of dodgy decisions/soft pens all over the football league yesterday judging by the TV highlights. One in the Bradford match made ours look like Battiston Vs Schumacher. Oh well.

Onwards and upwards.

les.gtfc

Yeah, we definitely rode our luck but you'd find most players would go down in the box if they feel a hand on their shoulder. I'd go as far to say that if he hadn't have gone down he'd have got quite a bit of grief from his team mates. He's only 18 but seems to be learning early about how to play referees these days,

Last edited:

Stelios

Mentioned it earlier Les but your fans were a credit to your club. Great turnout for such a long journey and made lots of noise (y)

les.gtfc

Mentioned it earlier Les but your fans were a credit to your club. Great turnout for such a long journey and made lots of noise (y)
Cheers. We do have a decent fan base who have stuck by the team even when we were in The Conference. Just a shame I couldn't make it yesterday as no doubt it would have been a great awayday for me.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I feared the worst when Les came on here yesterday saying he expected to lose.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Exactly the sane situation Soton v Citeh but the defender added a bit of a shove against Ward Prowse. No penalty given, Citeh break away and score via Ward - Peowse deflection. That's life.