• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

ECFC V FGR Matchday thread

Memphis09

Collins had a mare and Josh Key is as much a no 10/attacking central midfielder as I am a centre half. Once we got that sorted, we started to look the part we had players who looked the part and wanted to get hold of the ball and use it productively. Prior to that the only players who cover themselves in any kind of glory were Sweenz, Blackman (although it's fair to say he had next to nothing to do) and Nombe who at least battled and caused some kind of issue for Village Green. As for the ***** with the whistle......... how long have you got? You will need at least the length of added time he should have played aswell as what he sold us short with.
Spot on

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nombe should have been sent off, But how it wasn't a penalty before Brown coolly slotted home i will never know. Never in so few seconds have i seen football go from a massive injustice to justice from handball to goal.
It would never have been a penalty as the player never handled the ball. It should have been an indirect free kick for obstruction. I must admit, I also thought Nombe was lucky to stay on the pitch in today's climate. He came in from distance and was late........ very late.

grecIAN Harris

Has his head been turned?
Or has he had a once in a blue moon mare? Why do people not look at the very obvious first?

Memphis09

I’m glad someone has said this.

You cannot fault the lad for his effort, or his desire and want to succeed. Sadly, I expected more from Jay. There is no end product at all. He is by far best used to stretch a game from the bench in the last 20 minutes or so. Should not start ahead of either Sam or Jev

Jevani is so, so, important.
I agree
Think he runs and works hard but as yet I have not seen him do much else
Joe white looks a far better prospect

tom_ecfc

Or has he had a once in a blue moon mare? Why do people not look at the very obvious first?
Because in football nothing is obvious 😉 (Well def not for the ref yesterday!)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights.

Memphis09

FGR went down the Cheltenham route,and the ref seemed oblivious to it,so they got away with it
I would hate to see the FGR v Cheltenham game
More players on the ground than playing
Both teams are an absolute disgrace

Xavi

The negativity concerning Key and Collins after yesterday’s match is amusing and unwarranted in my opinion. Collins took an early knock (he doesn’t roll around and ask for trainers) and Key had his work cut out to make an impact as FGR clearly had a game plan to stifle City’s attacking ambitions.

Key was more comfortable out wide (we all agree it’s his preferred position) and helped to change the game; he was unfortunate when striking the bar and, had he scored, the critics would be calling him the hero. Let’s not forget all those matches he played in the back three either.

To criticise Collins, who has excelled in most of his 200+ appearances, for a rare (hobbling) day when he didn’t control the midfield is a poor show. And for anyone suggesting his heart wasn’t in it, I won’t say I what I think….

It is great to have the very talented Joe White at the club (well done GC), however, there are some with opinions who ought to respect the home-grown talent that got our club to where it is today. Don’t criticise them at the first opportunity and never question their endeavour.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The negativity concerning Key and Collins after yesterday’s match is amusing and unwarranted in my opinion. Collins took an early knock (he doesn’t roll around and ask for trainers) and Key had his work cut out to make an impact as FGR clearly had a game plan to stifle City’s attacking ambitions.

Key was more comfortable out wide (we all agree it’s his preferred position) and helped to change the game; he was unfortunate when striking the bar and, had he scored, the critics would be calling him the hero. Let’s not forget all those matches he played in the back three either.

To criticise Collins, who has excelled in most of his 200+ appearances, for a rare (hobbling) day when he didn’t control the midfield is a poor show. And for anyone suggesting his heart wasn’t in it, I won’t say I what I think….

It is great to have the very talented Joe White at the club (well done GC), however, there are some with opinions who ought to respect the home-grown talent that got our club to where it is today. Don’t criticise them at the first opportunity and never question their endeavour.
In fairness certainly around Key, I think the negativity was about where he was on the pitch and his ability to play that position with his strengths he has, not directly negative about him and most comments I have seen have said he was better when moved back in the wing back position.

iscalad

In fairness certainly around Key, I think the negativity was about where he was on the pitch and his ability to play that position with his strengths he has, not directly negative about him and most comments I have seen have said he was better when moved back in the wing back position.
Facebook